Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bright and Cheerful MOO-MANIA and MORE meets my 7 Continent AB


This fortnight MOO-MANIA and MORE's theme is "Bright and Cheerful."  This is the first chance I've had to create something for this latest challenge, so I went to my 7 Continents altered book.  For those of you unfamiliar with it, I started it back in 2005 when I hosted a tip-in swap.  I've added pages as the spirits and time permitted, and I thought now would be a great time to create an entry.  What could be more bright and cheerful than Argentina?  Today we'll visit Buenos Aires again, a city in Argentina, which is in South America.  If you are as geographically challenged as I, you appreciate the reminder of where we're headed.

But first, I wanted to show that I corrected (by hand) an entry I made while we were in  Buenos Aires the first time.  I show it partly because of the correction

and partly because it is the front of this decidedly different page that follows.


This colorful, cheerful, and bright La Boca district is where the Tango,

a dance native to Buenos Aires, was born.

All images from this spread were taken from various travel magazines and the background was made using my handmade shimmering mists, some through a found object stencil.

Don't forget to visit MOO-MANIA and MORE for more links to bright and cheerful mixed media.

10 thoughtful remarks:

Krisha said...

Awwwwh! The Tango, such a sexy dance.
Beautiful pages and great pictures. It would be interesting to visit Buenos Aires and maybe even learn the Tango!! (grin)

Denise Price said...

Great to see another page in the 7 Continents book! And it's definitely bright, colorful, and cheerful.

froebelsternchen said...

This colors represent this country so well... lovely pages are this...
you stir up my wanderlust Elizabeth - an amazing place to visit!

Thank you for sharing this with us at MOO MANIA & MORE Challenge Elizabeth- great to have you with us this fortnight.
How does Sally feel ? I hope she is gets well soon!
xxx
Susi

johanna said...

wow, this turquoise house is a hoot! a magnet for the eyes! perfect for this bright challenge.

Rosie said...

A wonderful page with lovely colours.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Jo Murray said...

Absolutely luscious!

Donna: said...

Love the colors and action of the people Elizabeth.... Don't now how you do it every day !!!

Halle said...

Lovely and bright pages!

Cindy McMath said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth! I love your composition, and I really would love to live in that building! I'm so glad my little envelope arrived and you liked everything! I've still got tons of bowler hats left - I hope you can use them for something fun!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

A city of emotion, dancing, romance, and color--all captured on your beautiful page!

Yes, I'm sure the APC would go in those sleeves which is probably the easiest solution.