Monday, September 1, 2014

Rinda's 2014 Scavenger Hunt: a new challenge

I've been admiring Rinda at Gallo Organico's Summertime Scavenger Hunt for several years.


I first saw the challenge this year on either my friend Patty's blog or Halle's.  Of course, I remember seeing how both Patty and Jo Murray completed their hunts last year and the year before.  BTW, Jo completed her list way back in early August, so be sure to check it out.

Not having a camera that was decent enough to take photos you could even make out, much less try to complete a challenge like this one, I have never even considered entering before.

Like Jo, I wanted to show my list in order.  But since I'm not sure I'll get them all, I'll show what I have so far, because I'm really trying to get them before the end date.

 
1.  A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)

2.  A garden gnome
I lucked onto this gnome when I visited a friend.


3. Birds on a wire
Some of you may remember when my friend and I visited a museum this summer.  I promised you would see a closer view of the telephone display at a future date.

As promised, here is the display, and it features not one,
 
but two birds on a wire.

4. A group of tourists


5. A rack of post cards



6. An urban street scene

I took this photo while I visited my friend in another town.

7. A rural landscape


Don't you just love that star on the silo?

8. A tattoo on a person

The very first photos I took were these of a waitress who gladly

allowed me to take photos of the tattoos on both her legs.

9. A bakery

I took the easy way out and, after not finding the Mexican bakery that used to be in my neighborhood, shot this at Sam's.

10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)



11. A horn

I didn't have to look any further than my living room walls

for examples of horns.

12. A mascot

I kept worrying about a mascot when I realized I had a stamped image of one sitting on my desk.  That's a WU Shock (pronounced woo shock), or the Shocker mascot from my final alma mater, Wichita State University (Wichita, KS, USA).

13. A sunrise


14. A parade



15. A juggler

I'm not sure if this is a true example of a juggler, but this painting reminded me of a juggling act.

16. A sign in a language other than English

I live in a multiculturally diverse neighborhood, where

you will find both an Asian market and

a Mexican pizza parlor in the same strip mall.

17. A lamp post



I found a plethora of lamp posts everywhere I went.

18. A water fall

Although I took multiple shots, they are not as large as this one I chose to show of the overall falls in the middle of my town.  I had to perch on the concrete block to get this one.

19. A public garden

I misread the prompt, thinking it read "public park."  So that's where I headed to get this photo.

When I realized I had misread the word garden, I went to my photos from my trip to a friend's town in July and used this one.

20. A bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
This was one of those instances where I was at the right place at the right time.

21. A photograph of you with something representing the season 


Looks like I still need seven (or 1/3) of the prompts to complete the challenge.  I'm hoping I'll get these soon.

Thanks for looking.  This has been a fun, yet challenging project.

13 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

WOW... you made great photos for this challenge!Thank you for sharing!
Fantastic!
Have a GREAT NEW MONTH Elizabeth!
xxx
Susi

Darla said...

You are quite a ways to completing the challenge with your great photos. I know you WILL complete it - you are good at that.

Darla

Rhodesia said...

You are doing well and still a couple of weeks to go. Diane

Halle said...

Good for you! I think I only have 3 left to get. IT's been a fun challenge.

BJ said...

Well that's certainly one scary gnome! Love the tattoos you got. And the birds on a wire is awesome! BJ

Krisha said...

What a fun challenge to be in. Like all you pictures, but the gnome is rather scary looking.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks like so much fun but especially love that it shows me where you live! Now, where's that bakery pic!! Going to check this challenge out!! Chrisx

Jo Murray said...

You've done well! LOVE that creepy gnome and the awesome tattoos.

Anonymous said...

That's one wacky gnome. You got quite a few on the list. This year is not the scavenger hunt for me....I will watch everyone and enjoy. xox

Carmen said...

That is the craziest garden gnome I've ever seen! :-)

Cindy McMath said...

Wow I would not want to come across that gnome in the dark - scary! This looks like a fun challenge, I'm sure you'll finish it!

~*~Patty S said...

Really fun to see your super photos E!
I sure would not want to meet that gnome in the dark of night ACK LOL!
oxo

Anonymous said...

scariest gnome I have ever seen!!!