Thursday, August 8, 2013

A brief blog note woth NO photos

For all my loyal followers and feed readers, as well as all those who I'm sure have left me wonderful messages on my WOYWW post, I want to explain that my internet is out.  Right now I'm at my neighbor's house working on her WiFi.

I have wired (not wireless or WiFi) DSL and can't get on the internet because of the rain.  I finally called AT&T (my carrier) today.  They ran all kinds of tests, then checked to see if there were outages in the area at which point the nice man whose English was a second language said "Your internet is out due to excessive flooding in Wah-SHE-tuh, Kansas."  Anyone with this carrier is in the same boat.  My friend Sally uses Cox, and she said her's wasn't out.  That's when I explained she didn't have the same carrier I have and she allowed me to leave this note. 

The nice man said I should be able to access the internet by 10 pm tonight, or early tomorrow morning.  Sally and I are going to dinner, then we're off to a musical at our local opera house/stage facility.  Not sure what it should be called, since it's known as Century II.  Hopefully by the time I get home from the play, my internet will be back on.  I hope you understand why I've been unable to visit.  And I hope you didn't think that's how WITCH-eh-taw is pronounced!!!

7 thoughtful remarks:

Rebeca Trevino said...

sorry to hear about your "internet-wowes".
go have a fun dinner, and a fun eveining and we will check in on you later.
cheers!
ps: how is that mr. bluebeard holding out?

voodoo vixen said...

I hope you come home to find it all working again Miss Wahshetaw!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Tee Hee...I was wondering if you had moved! Glad it is up and running again, and thank goodness for great friends like Kathy.

Nan G said...

Yep been there, going thru that same trouble with Internet/cable due to all of our rain (Comcast). Hope you enjoyed the play ms. Wah-she-taw. :) giggle

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Of course I meant...great friends like SALLY! I know Kathy is the good friend that you craft with occasionally. I'll go have some more caffeine now, :)

Halle said...

Such a bummer about your internet. Glad you are finally back up today.

~*~Patty S said...

ACK ... terrible to not be able to keep in touch!

You really are having some 'weather' out your way...stay safe and I see some lovely photos and a post above which must be good news!
oxo