Monday, March 2, 2009

Second set of Numbers ATCs

I had started some ATCs a couple of weeks ago that didn't turn out because the tape measure I planned to use is in storage. So today I got into the studio and created 14 of these.
I began with muslin. I was going to dye it, then decided it was fine as it was. I stamped (yep, I actually stamped) the "9s" all over the muslin, then backed it with Pellon (I think it's called wonder under). Next I stitched the sentiments to the muslin, being careful to not be careful!! Next I swiped the same green dye ink I used on the sentiment all over the ATC in case the muslin didn't exactly fit. Finally, I added the see-through nine.

2 thoughtful remarks:

Halle said...

These are great too!

Dianne said...

I love that you are using fabric more...and that you are still making art in the midst of remodeling! you are a gem...
Dianne