Monday, February 3, 2020

T stands For (faux) Frappuccino


Bleubeard and I want to share another Heart with my T Tuesday group and Art Journal Journey

I found this image in my stash and printed it out.  

The band around the cup reads "coffee blend."   From what I can tell, Frappuccino is a trademark of Starbucks and is a blended coffee drink.

You couldn't tell from the first images, but I lifted the cup that had Heart above the background using two layers of foam tape.

Also on my dining room table are two wonderful gifts I received this week.  

I actually received this one second, but it's on top, so I'll mention it first.  I'm sure by now you know who sent this,

especially if you've been to Valerie's blog today.

Yes, it's from CJ
 
I was thrilled to receive the Lunar Rat postage stamp, 

but CJ went further and sent these postage stamps that I can use to send mail to others.  On the outside of these are all the lunar animals in order.  I will have Lunar animals for the next 12 years.  You can't believe how thrilled that made me, CJ.  Thank you beyond belief for the darling Rat and the postage, too.

The other "rat", along with three other wood mounted red rubber stamps came from my dear friend RO!  She also sent me an adorable Get Well card that I seem to have forgotten to share.  My bad.  I guess I was so enamored by the cat and mouse stamps I forgot.  I adore them RO!, and you certainly know how to cheer me up.

What wonderful goodies today.  The faux Frappuccino cup is my T Tuesday drink this week.   I started with a sheet of shaving cream paper, then printed the Frappuccino to-go cup with the heart and cut it out.  I colored the image paying particular attention to the Heart, my theme this month at Art Journal Journey.

Now it's your turn.  I'm sure by now you know the "rules," but in case you don't, please show something drink related. It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, tea cups, coffee mugs, a tea or coffee service, postcards, books, magazines, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, ATCs, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday, and not just this year.





30 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the cappuccino cup, great idea. Glad you also got a pretty card and stamps from CJ, she was very kind. Nice present from Ro, too. Have fun with the stamps. Off to bed here, not feeling good today, the meds make me feel bad! Happy T Day, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

I love your hearts page from the cappuccino cup-fun idea.
Thoughtful gift from CJ her script is always soooo special I love it.
Fun mail is the best-Happy T hugs Kathy

Eileen Bergen said...

Beautiful page for your heart theme at AJJ, Elizabeth. At the risk of repeating myself, I have to tell you how clever it is. I love the cappuccina (frappuccina)cup popping off the page.

I recognized CJ's caligraphy immediatley and was blown away by the wonderful goodies she sent you. The stamps are awesome.

I know you'll have fun with the stamps from Ro, especially since every thime you use them you'll think of how thoughtful she was when you were sick.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx





pearshapedcrafting said...

Love the page! Love frappuccinos too! Lovely gifts too! I'll be back soon, tired now....Hugs, Chrisx

Rita said...

Cute! I'm a coffee drinker but don't get out much. Don't know what a frappuccino actually is--LOL!
Sweet gifts! Hope you are feeling better. :)

Linda Kunsman said...

love your artsy cappuccino! Beautiful and generous gifts you received- love the art and the stamps. Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice T day page. I love how you incorporated the heart. Very very nice use of hearts. And also that is a great Chinese New year rat card from CJ. I didn't know rats could be so cute. And those are really fun stamps too. I cant see what you end up making with them. And have a happy T day too my friend. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Thank you for the links about the modeling paste-I bookmarked them-which one did you end up liking the best-the one made with talc or baking soda? thanks much Kathy

Iris Flavia said...

I think I never had a Frappucino, but your work is very, very cute, a great composition!
And all those cute pressies, wonderful. Those stamps nearly are too good to use ;-)

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely frappucino and your post is sheer delight. Loving the h2o,s in the post below and they last forever.x

Words and Pictures said...

That looks delicious - your background looks just like a yummy strawberry frozen yogurt all churned up! The perfect setting for the whipped Frappuccino. What a lovely Chinese New Year's card ... I've just seen one arrive somewhere else too, but I can't remember who had it now!!
Alison x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Those stamps are fantastic. That was very nice of CJ to send to you. (And I think I might know when she mailed it, from a previous blog post where she mentioned going to the post office.) The rubber stamps are great too. And I love your artwork. I don't like Starbucks coffee and frappuccinos. I call those drinks something similar, but it starts with a "c". But I do love cappuccinos. Happy T-Day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a fun page. My Eldest looooves Starbuck's so your page makes me think of her. I'm glad you enjoyed the Year of the Rat card and I knew you would appreciate the stamps and make use of the other year animals. I have the same rubber stamp set! That made me smile, too. Enjoy your day and Happy T Day!

J said...

Hi Elizabeth, I love you page for T day, you’ve had some lovely presents and such unusual postage stamps, I prefer Latte, those Frappuccinos are just too much for me.
Have a great day and fingers crossed I managed to link ok this week
Jan. x

Darla said...

You have a great cup for your coffee (imagining here) while you look at your wonderful gifts I hope to see some cat/mouse activity in the future.

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never had that Starbucks drink, but I like your cuppa faux ;) Sometimes the imitation can be as good as the original :)

Happy mail treats! Sweet! Happy T Tuesday

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The colours and frappuccino look so pretty with the gorgeous heart 😀. Wow, your happy mail looks amazing, the card is perfect and I love the postage stamps too - so kind! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

the stamps are too cool !!! very nice gift Elizabeth :)

& wavez ta ya bleu & squiggles, we hope thiz message
findz ya both doin grate, gettin inta trubull N havin tonz oh fun ~~~~ :) ♥♥

Lisca said...

Congratulations on the Chief's victory in the super bowl! You must be so pleased! I thought of you when I read the news.
Your frappuccino is great. Perfect for T-Day.
Oh I love those beautiful lunar rat stamps. They remind me a bit of the film Avatar. The creatures in that film were similarly adorned.
You certainly have been spoilt. That calligraphy is amazing. And I smiled at the Gun He Fat Choy from CJ.
Happy T-Day and a good week,
Lisca

Mia said...

Elizabeth, I FORGOT!!! Wow! Thank you so much for reminding me to join you. Kisses!!!

Meggymay said...

It is a super page and it looks like delicious coffee to try even for this tea drinker.
The background you created looks like a strawberry milk shake yummy.
The new goodies look lovely and I'm sure you will enjoy using them, the cat stamp looks so sweet
Happy T day, sorry I am missing calling in to see everyone, maybe next week.
Yvonne xx

Julia Dunnit said...

The to go cup is almost iconic now, isn’t it., I love the idea of heart on the band instead of some miss spelled name! I’m not sure what Frappuccino involves, but I’m not surprised to hear that it’s an ‘owned’ name. Like the shaving foam page, my word you are so good at using what you make. Gorgeous gifts, the postage is very thoughtful.

Sandra Cox said...

That was so nice of CJ and Ro and well deserved.
Love the cappuccino piece. Makes me want a coffee drink:)
Hope you are much, much better today, dear friend.

Halle said...

Love the "to-go" cup page. Nicely done! Sweet gift you received as well.
Sorry I missed a couple of weeks...time keeps getting away from me.
Happy T day!!

Jeanie said...

What wonderful and perfect gifts, Elizabeth. The fun you'll have with these! And I really love your T-day piece. The cappucino is perfect!

Thanks for the great comment on the stove and such. I'm a little nervous about the gas, too but I think in the end I'll be fine! Just starter nerves!

RO said...

Clearly your amazing artwork is all about me(lol) because I love, love, love frappuccinos so so much! I've learned to make my own to save money and my version tastes just as yummy as Starbucks. I absolutely adore those Rat stamps a lot, and I have a friend who used to keep them as pets. So every year she gets a rath themed Christmas gift. I love that you enjoy stampers so much. I never even noticed them before I bet you, and now I'm hooked on the fun of finding them. So glad that you're feeling much better. Yay to the Chiefs! Hugs, RO

Cindy McMath said...

This is great fun. Ooh I love me a Frappuccino once in awhile (hold the whipped cream). They are so nice and icy on a hot day - can’t say I’m craving one at the moment given it’s February. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

They certainly are wonderful goodies …

All the best Jan

Blog27999 said...

Water Hack Burns 2lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

Well over 160 thousand women and men are trying a simple and secret "water hack" to lose 1-2lbs each and every night in their sleep.

It is scientific and it works all the time.

Here are the easy steps for this hack:

1) Hold a clear glass and fill it with water half glass

2) And now use this amazing hack

and be 1-2lbs lighter as soon as tomorrow!

Blogger said...

Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

Over 160k men and women are using a simple and secret "liquid hack" to drop 1-2lbs each and every night as they sleep.

It is painless and works every time.

You can do it yourself by following these easy steps:

1) Go get a glass and fill it with water half glass

2) Then follow this amazing HACK

you'll be 1-2lbs skinnier the very next day!