Monday, February 3, 2020

Love in color


I have to begin by saying how happy I am that the Chiefs won last night in the Superbowl.  It made me proud.

Since Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month, with our theme Hearts,

Bleubeard thought it would be fun to dig out my nearly forgotten Twinkling H20s.  Unfortunately, these had never been opened and I wasn't able to get a single one open.  And, no, Bleubeard was NO help whatsoever when it came to opening these pots of watercolor mica pigments.

On the other hand, the larger pots that I've used in the past were easier to open.  If you've never used these before, they are shimmery and live up to their expectations.  Two thoughts, though.  You MUST add water to these, so be sure to use distilled water ONLY when you hydrate them.  Otherwise, if you close them with water still in them, they can mold.  They will not mold if you use distilled water.  The other thought is, add water, then walk away.  Seriously!  Walk away so the water can "do its thing."

Once water has hydrated the watercolors, the fun can begin.  If you like to watercolor, the shimmer these give is out of this world.  Too bad my camera can't pick the shimmer up better.  I'd like to mention that I've had mine for ages and mine are all branded under the Luminarte name.  They are now sold exclusively by the inventor, Leslie Ohnstad.

As you can read, I'm calling this Love in color.

However,

once I had it photographed and on my blog, it looked rather pathetic.  It was off to the drawing board again.

Out came postage stamps and rubber stamps.   I got a little carried away, so I will let you peruse these photos I took around the perimeter of the page.













For this journal entry, I began with 110 lb card stock and various Twinkling H20s.  Some of the H20s spread better than others, possibly because I got more water in some than in others.  Once the heart was dry and photographed, I got out several stamps and placed them around the perimeter of the heart.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled that you visited today and also hope to see you and your own Heart inspired art at Art Journal Journey



17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice heart. I have those Twinkling H2Os, too, but don't use them much as it is too fiddly with all of those little jars. Glad your team won, Valerie

Sami said...

Congratulations to the winning team at the Superbowl!
That's a nice page Elizabeth and I like all the stamps surrounding the heart :)

Iris Flavia said...

Yay for the Super Bowl!!! So sad it´s always on when we´re asleep!

Oh, I truly love this, especially the second version!
"Luftpost" :-)
One day you make me try to learn to sew! To you and Bleubeard - have a wonderful day!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It's great that you won the Super Bowl and the great heart with the bright colors and the stamps was a great idea for the journal!
Have a nice day, Elke

CJ Kennedy said...

You caught the shimmer of the Twinkling Watercolors. Beautiful! Just a note, from Himself, a chemist, distilled water won't prevent mold. Distilled water has minerals removed from the water through the process. However, mold can still grow in it, if the conditions are right.

My name is Erika. said...

First of all, congrats on the super bowl win. It was a good game last night. And I must say it was nice for me not to be invested in either team (not rubbing that in, just saying). Artwise I would say water did do its thing for sure. The heart looks fantastic, and I especially love the stamps around the border. They frame the heart so nicely. So do I need to thank you for joining your challenge? ANyhow, am glad you shared this.Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth, I love the colours on your beautiful heart! My Twinkling H2Os haven't seen the light of day for a long time! :-D
Happy new week,
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I don't remember hearing about this kind of watercolors. I've always had more trouble with watercolors that with the acrylics, but I do like the look of this :)

Congrats to Kansas!!! Oh, wait... ;) (I'm still getting a kick out of trump's tweet lol I take my humor moments anywhere I find them these days.)

Sandra Cox said...

Glad you got a win in the super bowl:)
I loved how you framed the colorful heart, especially some of those stamps.
YOU have a great one, my friend.

Eileen Bergen said...

First of all, congratulations on the Chiefs' win! I know how great it feels to have your team win.

I never heard of watercolor mica. You're an endless font of knowledge, Elizabeth. Love the title and all that yummy color. If I squint my eyes, I see the shimmer ;-) Eileen xx

Meggymay said...

I love how you created this page the colours look lovely and you reminded me that somewhere in my messy room I have some of these paints. I just need to remember where I stored them. Its a fabulous inspiration page for your AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Three cheers for the chiefs! And a lovely journal page -- adore those colors!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, how pretty... sort of like rainbow tree rings within a heart shaped tree trunk! The colours are so pretty, and I can just imagine the Twinkling shimmer it has too. I hope to be along to play some time this month, even though I failed in January!
Alison x

nwilliams6 said...

I love the paint you used (I want it after seeing this!) and your rainbow ring of hearts is a wonderful idea. Super cool extras too. Lovely page and post - thanks for sharing all the details!

Cindy McMath said...

Oh Elizabeth you made me laugh with the Super Bowl joke! I love the heart with the Twinkling H20s. I haven’t used mine in ages, but I do love them. I don’t use special water with them, but I do let them dry overnight before I put the caps back on - I bet that would drive you crazy! You seem to like a neat workspace where I seem to revel in a cluttered one and a few uncapped paints sitting around for a day or three don’t bother me in the least. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Congratulations on the Chiefs' win.
Love the colours in the heart …

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It's really the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 kilos lighter than we do.

(And by the way, it is not about genetics or some secret exercise and EVERYTHING around "HOW" they are eating.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

Click this link to determine if this short test can help you discover your real weight loss possibilities