Sunday, February 2, 2020

Second on the 2nd: Summertime Love


This post hearkens back to July 1, 2017, when I was asked by Valerie and Susi to host Art Journal Journey.  Although I created new art each day during the month, I chose to share the page I used as Art Journal Journey's home page for that month.  My theme that month was Summertime Love.  These are the relevant parts of this post.

Summertime Love


We are Bleubeard and Elizabeth and are delighted and honored to be invited again to host Art Journal Journey.  

Summertime.   What images come to mind?

It’s hard to resist the love of summer


because there are so many activities in which to participate.  School is out and families are planning holidays/vacations. For those of you who live in the southern hemisphere, summer may be a distant memory, but I’m sure you can remember good times you had when the sun beat down on your face, your hair lightened, and you couldn’t wait to don sandals and flip-flops on the weekend. 

So either think back or think ahead about what summertime love means to you.  Of course, if you’re stuck for topics,


 


all you have to do is look at the heart for inspiration. 


Then please join Bleubeard and me for a month of warmth and love as we embrace summer in our art journals, altered books, and large loose journal pages.

_____________________________________________________

Since Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month, I also have my February calendar, which includes Hearts, my theme. 



I even have the perfect Valentine's Day stamp, thanks to Valerie.  I hope you will join me at Art Journal Journey this month, too.

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  Please be aware this link is only open for five days, so linking on the 2nd is preferred.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, I remember when you made this piece. Your calendar is looking good. Have a fun 2nd on the 2nd, Valerie

Margik said...

Hi Elizabeth! You had a great idea, your heart page is fantastic. I love the theme you have chosen this month. Hugs, Mar

kathyinozarks said...

Perfect to look back on another heart theme-love what you did with all the ideas in the large heart-awesome stamp from Valerie-Happy second on the 2nd hugs Kathy

Mia said...

Great heart page, Elizabeth! I forgot to play on 2nd for the second. I will see if I can catch up. Kisses!!!

My name is Erika. said...

I do remember this page and it is as good as it was back in 2017. Can it really be that long since I remember this challenge quite clearly. Hope you have a super day and maybe even a super win too. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And I got carried away seeing that fun page from summertime love that I forgot to say your calendar looks super. I like the heart stamp on the left. It's a cutie.

Divers and Sundry said...

It's cool to see these treasures from the past. I like all the summertime love ideas. Flip Flops :)

RO said...

Hearts and love make the world go round and your artwork is a perfect reminder. Love our new planner/calendar too! Hope you're feeling much better! Hugs, RO

froebelsternchen said...

I remember this wonderful page!!
So beautiful!

Hope you feel completely recoverd meanwhile my friend!
WHat a great topic for AJJ and I was so pleased to hear you got Erika as a helper for AJJ!
SUperb!

Best wishes for February.
I am not often online - I hope you don't mind my lack of visits on your blog .
I just haven't enough time for internet.
All the best my creative friend!
Big hugs,
Susi

Krisha said...

I actually made it to the Second on the Second!! LOL!
I love all the words on the heart and you calendar is shaping up nicely.
Hope your are feeling better day by day.

craftytrog said...

I love that wonderful heart, filled with lovely summertime activities! Your February Calendar is looking good too.
Happy new month Elizabeth,
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

This is very clever, Elizabeth! You're right -- too many things in summer to narrow to one!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely to see this again! Such a clever page! I didn't think I would get to Second on the 2nd but as I was sitting having a coffee I scrolled back on my post list and was surprised to find that I actually made my master board 8 years ago this month!
I love your new calendar pages

Cindy McMath said...

This is a great page to use for your 2nd on the 2nd this month. I hear the groundhog says early spring this year - yay! I like your big format calendar this year. Your heard stamps are also perfect for your theme,

Meggymay said...

I loved seeing your revisit pages Elizabeth, it was such a clever way to create the heart.
Your calendar page for February is looking great, super hearts but I guess you know I was drawn to the tea cups and saucers.
Sorry I am late calling in, I'm hopefully catching up today.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

How fun to do a heart with all your favorite things to do in the Summer. Love what you included as well. Fun! The planner is fun too. I just bought one and I am thinking of some way to make it more fun - so, of course, I loved seeing yours. So glad I found your blog and your fun challenge!