Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Her Jealous Heart


Bleubeard and I are back with the latest entry for Art Journal Journey.  Our theme this month is Hearts.   Try it on Tuesday's themes this fortnight are Go Green (the color) and Recycle Something, so I will be joining them, too.

This spread is appropriately named "She showed her jealous heart."

The sentiment was sewn in place,

as was the heart

and the various

embellishments.


My handmade shimmering mists were splashed across the background.
I even tried to color coordinate the variegated thread.

I spritzed the heart green after I cut it from a book page.

For this journal entry, I started with 110 lb card stock and took you through the various stages in which I created it.  The green heart and the recycled burlap and green tulle-like material made it possible for me to enter this at Try it on Tuesday.

Your visit today has made me so happy.  Bleubeard and I would love to have you join us at Try it on Tuesday and Art Journal Journey, too.

23 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh. I hope green itself does not mean "Jealousy"! We have two (happy-)green walls and a (happy-) green chamber!

Do you know the song Jealousy by Queen?

Valerie-Jael said...

Another lovely heart in green. I love greens and blues, so it's not a negative colour for me! Nice embellishments, too, and well sewed. Have a lovely day, Valerie

Rosie said...

A fantastic make

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Iris Flavia said...

(Btw... if you like a sip of HEIMBS just let me know via flaviakaiser@gmx.de)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

this is beautiful your heart journal with the different parts and colored around randet with the seam! I also really like the color!
Have you thought it up again!
Greetings Elke

aussie aNNie said...

WOW WOW WOW this is stunning from the green so soft to the journey of love and hearts...beautiful x

Sami said...

You have so much imagination Elizabeth! Amazing that you've done so many different and interesting pages with hearts.

kathyinozarks said...

great page for the themes Elizabeth

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the color combinations on this page. Like Valerie, I don't see the negative. Maybe because I'll be teaching a Celtic workshop on Thurs. so I'm seein' the Wearing of the Green and all things St. Patrick's Day. 😺

Cindy McMath said...

Clever and beautiful heart page! I am dreadfully behind on your posts again my friend - I’m going to try to catch up today!

Dortesjs said...

Looking intriguing, beautiful.

Divers and Sundry said...

The sewing gets me every time :)

Dianne said...

love this one dear E! the spritzing, splashing, and especially the texture of the fabric bits!

wondering if you are going to do the ICAD challenge again this year? I haven't done it for several years, but thinking maybe I'd like to try it again...? maybe would give me some motivation to keep up with my blog! ♥

Sandra Cox said...

How original! I love the colors and that you used a jealously-green heart:)

Jeanie said...

I like the green. You never think of green with hearts so much and it's really pleasing, especially with the type on the heart. This piece is very nicely done, as all your work is, Elizabeth. Loving the texture of the stitching too.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like the colors and textures in this Elizabeth.

Rita said...

Clever! Love the saying and the green heart together. Made me smile. :)

Neet said...

I love how you include sewing in your pages.
Lovely shade of green for the heart which blends nicely with the greens on the sentiment, also sewn.
You really have thought the theme of hearts' out this month Elizabeth but I am amazed at how you have also incorporated the green and recycle themes as well in some of your work. Did Bleubeard help?
Hugs,Neet xx

nwilliams6 said...

Love all the green and the texture of the burlap, but the sewing and the words got me. Such great ideas. I need to dig out my sewing machine. This may be my favorite heart theme creation you have done. Hugz

Meggymay said...

Oh my, I love how you add sewing to your pages and together with the fabric pieces make this another inspiring page for your AJJ theme. The colour combination looks fantastic as well .
Yvonne xx

Karen said...

What a way to express green with envy ~ oh the jealous heart...been there a time or two! Great colors and textures :)

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's really the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh 42 pounds lighter than we do.

(And really, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING around "HOW" they are eating.)

P.S, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

CLICK on this link to see if this short questionnaire can help you release your true weight loss potential

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous page my friend. I hope her jealousy isn’t too awful. I love the texture and details. It’s the perfect page for Ajj and TIOT. Hugs Erika