Monday, February 24, 2020

T Stands For Cup of Tea


This will be my final T post hosting Art Journal Journey in February.  However, it's yet another entry for Try it on Tuesday's Go Green theme.

I started with one of my favorite backgrounds: 91% isopropyl alcohol and Staz-on reinkers.  I used Dove Gray and Forest Green to achieve the subtle background colors.  I then stamped three sets of handmade stamps (made from styrofoam cut to heart shapes with patterns created using a ball stylus).


I spent four weeks off and on coloring this tea cup. 

It's the most ambitious coloring I've done.

When I realized I needed more colors than my water soluble crayons provided, I used my water color pencils to add to what appeared to me looked like a heart on the cup.

I sewed this saying I found in my stash to the page using variegated thread.

I fussy cut the cup

and, using an awl, punched a hole in the edge of the cup.

After a lot of fidgeting and a couple of words one doesn't use in public, I finally was able to thread the tea label string through the tiny hole. I secured it on the back using double sided tape.

I had already added hearts to both sides of the tag, so either way the tag fell, it would have a heart.

Thank you beyond belief for joining me for T this Tuesday.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday.  

Now I've shown you mine, please show me yours.  By now you probably know the "rules," but in case you don't, please show something drink related. It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, tea cups, coffee mugs, a tea or coffee service, postcards, books, magazines, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, ATCs, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday, and not just this year.


Also, I would be remiss if I didn't remind you to dig up your Second on the 2nd. It can be any post, any genre, any length, as long as it's been published sometime in the past. 

31 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

You made a delightful teacup for your page, well done on the colouring. I'm sure coffee would taste good in it, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

Eileen Bergen said...

Beautiful page, Elizabeth - from your coloring to the handmade heart stamps! So many new ways for me to craft frugally. Sorry I haven't been able to participate in this month's AJJ challenge. I think you know some of the reasons. All is good.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

kathyinozarks said...

I am impressed with this page and especially your beautiful tea cup, and with the tea bag tag-I love it- well done hugs Kathy

Karen said...

Handmade stamps?! wow~nice!! love this saying, and your fussy tea tag got me to giggle ~

Halle said...

Oh my gosh! your page is delightful. Nice job coloring the image in very subtle ways.
Happy T day!

Linda Kunsman said...

what a really beautiful page Elizabeth!! I love that intricate teacup and the delicate painting you've done on it is fab. Great additional details. Happy T day!

Rita said...

Lovely tea cup and such a cute quote! :)

Dianne said...

sweet! love this, and glad you got the little tea bag threaded into the hole...it adds charm to the page. Made me smile about your language...I am getting so I am much more free about a 'few choice words' myself!
Regarding my blog post: The whole purple icing thing annoyed me. Our local discount store didn't have purple colored sugar, like you usually see in the photos of King Cake. And anyway, I wouldn't have paid $2 each for the three colors needed. They didn't have purple food coloring either, and I was not going to look all over town for it. lol. I've always wanted to try making this, and now that I have, it may be the only time! but it was tasty ;)
It's good to be back for Tea! hugs from Ohio ♥

aussie aNNie said...

Admirable post, love your colouring of the teacup and yes it appears heart shape on it...gorgeous heart stamps you created.xx

Helen said...

Fab tea cup, you are way more patient than me, no way would I spend that long colouring!

Iris Flavia said...

First: Thank you for always explaining it all! I´d like to join the love-theme, have some stuff and wonder how to start - you sure help big!
Second: Very clever quote, third, awwww, that cup is beautiful! And ohhh, the... I don´t even know the German word! Teabag-tag? So cute!
Beautiful!

RO said...

OMG - I really love this one so much Elizabeth!!! I can see you using this for various cards. The colors are just fabulous! Hugs, RO

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, that's a stunning page! I love the pretty teacup and the way you added the colour, it looks amazing against the beautiful background and the stitched quote is perfect too 😊. Thanks for another wonderful page to inspire us at Try it on Tuesday, the way the green background has blended is gorgeous! Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute page. I love the little detail of the tea bag tag and the way you colored the beautiful tea cup. Happy T Day

My name is Erika. said...

That is a stunning piece for both AJJ and TIOT Elizabeth. A nice way to end the month. I love that t cup but is really intricate for sure. And I do like the quote. How true. Keeping this short as I am posting on my phone. But wanted to say how great a page this is. Hugs Erika. And happy t day my friend

craftytrog said...

I love this page Elizabeth! The teacup is beautiful!
Alison xx

Eileen Bergen said...

You asked about the salmon/orange colored fruit displayed on my plate. It's papaya - very tasty. Eileen xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your tea cup, and the sweet little tea bag tag is the icing on the cake! Happy T Tuesday!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

very nice job on coloring that tea cup Elizabeth, it's extremely detailed. I colored a mandala that was as such and swore next time, I'd pick something that was like a child's coloring picture :) ☺☺♥♥

bleu N squigglez....white fish wavez frum de land oh trout !! hope yur weekz good N yur stayin IN trubull :) ♥♥

froebelsternchen said...

I love all the beautiful detail here on this gorgeous page Elizabeth!
So so well done!
Happy T-Day for you!
Susi xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page Elizabeth! You really have made some fabulous entries both for Art Journal Journey and the ones you also made with Try It On Tuesday in mind-once again leading the way with some great ideas! Oh! How I would love to drink out of this cup which reminds me of my Grandma! I enjoyed my catch up yesterday and will endeavour to keep up! Hugs, Chrisx

Sandra Cox said...

I love the saying, the cup and especially the tea bag. Purrfect:)

Meggymay said...

I am loving the way you decorated the tea cup on your fantastic page and how the tea bag tag is hanging on the side of the cup. This really appeals to me especially with the words as no two cups of tea I make ever taste the same. It depends on how long I leave the bag before I add some milk.
An awesome page for your Art Journal Journey theme and for Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

A very beautiful page, Elisabeth

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This art journal page is beautiful Elizabeth. I love the tea cup, and how you used an actual tea label for it. Happy belated Mardi Gras and T-Day!

Cindy McMath said...

Oh this is a lovely tea post! I love the heart on the tag - glad you persevered! Also really love your handmade stamps.

J said...

Elizabeth you have excelled yourself, what a beautiful cup you’ve painted, you have so much patience to take so long getting it right, it looks just like a delicate china cup. I love the heart tag, well worth your perseverance to get it fixed in place.
Thanks for your visit yesterday, I’m late as I’ve been unpacking, shopping and I must admit I had half an hour in my craft room, seeing all the artwork everyone has been showing I’ve been itching to have a go myself
Happy belated T day
Jan x

It’s so good to be home, it’s 25c here

Jeanie said...

Love the detailing in that fabulous cup. I could drink from it -- it looks perfect! It's really clear that this one took a ton of time. Well done and very clever, too!

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's really the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh 42 lbs less than us.

(And by the way, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING related to "how" they are eating.)

P.S, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

Tap this link to find out if this quick test can help you discover your true weight loss possibility

Unknown said...

Did you realize there's a 12 word phrase you can say to your partner... that will induce deep emotions of love and impulsive attraction to you deep within his chest?

That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, worship and protect you with his entire heart...

=====> 12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Love Impulse

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will drive him to work harder than before to build your relationship stronger.

In fact, triggering this dominant impulse is absolutely mandatory to getting the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

...You will immediately notice him expose his heart and mind to you in such a way he's never experienced before and he'll distinguish you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly understood him.

nwilliams6 said...

I adore that teacup and your coloring is fabulous on it. The words are so perfect and true too. Wonderfully done and very thought-provoking. Hugz