Saturday, March 2, 2019

Second on the 2nd: Welcome Spring


Susi showed a post from 2014, so I decided to, also.  So many of my internet friends, followers, and readers haven't seen this post, so that is why I decided to share it again.  I call it

Welcome Spring, if only in my dreams

The full post is reprinted below.

I created this Spring into Spring spread in my collage inspired altered book to welcome the Spring Solstice, 2014.

From the first floral bud that peeks out of the ground, and the first butterfly

that visits,

to the bright, nearly cloudless skies,

we in the Northern Hemisphere are welcoming the Spring Solstice,


and looking for real signs of spring, if only in our dreams.

__________________________________________________________

It appears I didn't bother sharing the materials I used to create this spread, but I'm sure you can tell I used a lot of paint, a clipola in all of the flower heads, and two butterfly erasers.  The stems and leaves were cut from a page I colored green.  The words were also printed using paint.

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  Please be aware this link is only open for five days, so linking on the 2nd is preferred.  




18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another lovely spring piece. Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

It makes me just happy to see this amazing cheery and arty spread! Great you reshowed it Elizabeth!
Have a wonderful Saturday - here rain and grey heaven today and just now started some sleet showers.
But my heart is ready for sun and spring - so this spread is just right in time for me! Thank you!
Happy Second on the 2nd!

Big hugs, Susi

kathyinozarks said...

we are getting ready for an arctic blast and possibly lots of snow as well tonight into Sunday so this was a welcome second look-Loved what did-beautiful
Happy second on the 2nd Kathy

kathyinozarks said...

lol you must have visited my blog while I was updating it to include second on the 2nd-which I had totally forgotten about
I am hoping we do not get all the snow they are predicting for us as we are getting very strong wind gusts along with it and the bitter cold for several days-not good-I am always concerned about losing our well etc if the electric goes out.
stay warm and safe hugs

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a lovely Second on the 2nd post. Spring is only in my dreams, too. I like those coiled curl things you used for the flowers. The journal spread is definitely Spring like, with all of the greens. And I like the butterflies, too. I'm getting snow today in CT, and we have a Winter Storm Watch for tomorrow into Monday with 5" to 8" of snow forecast, on top of what we're getting today. :-(

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a cheery page. I love the centers of the flowers. No Spring here today or tomorrow. Is it July, yet?

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. You thought you were late and I'm still trying to get round as yesterday was busy for me too. But because I'm so late I will not miss this gorgeous piece. It has a wonderful Naive style that Henri Rousseau would be proud of. Of now to see what you were up to yesterday. Hugs, Angela xXx

Sandra said...

I love this. Puts me in the mood to get out in the garden:)
I knew you hadn't been feeling well, but I didn't realize you had pneumonia. I am so sorry. Have you given it the boot?
Thinking of you.
I'll be back to posting Tuesday.

Jeanie said...

This spread makes me feel really happy! Very spring!

I think you'll need it. Hope the snow and ice you mentioned in your comment (thanks!) isn't as bad as predicted. I'm glad you got out to stock up on supplies. And yes, Lizzie sounds like a cross between you two. Honestly, she has an endless stomach and the vet doesn't want her to get too big so we argue a lot!

Krisha said...

Awwwh, Spring!.......great layout E! Funny that Spring is also the challenge for AJJ this month.
I didn't go back quite as far as you, but I think you will enjoy my post.

Lisca said...

Yes, we are all looking forward to spring! Looking at your pretty and arty flowers makes me smile and know that spring isn't far away.
Have a good weekend,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the way you did your flowers :) I'm very much looking forward to springtime and summer weather.

My name is Erika. said...

I like these fun flowers. Using the paper clips as centers is great. I am glad you shared this for this second look as I don't remember this one, but I really enjoyed seeing it. Happy weekend. hugs-Erika

peggy gatto said...

What delightful and charming flowers!!!

Meggymay said...

This is a bright and cheerful page, I really like seeing your re visits and it would be a first time for me seeing this beauty.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's a beautiful page! I have not joined you this time as I have discovered that many of my comments are not being published...just as I thought I was catching up with blogs and comments! I have just had to go through a load of 'prove you are not a robot' puzzles to leave a comment on Valeries blog! I have something for Art Journal Journey but don't want to lose it! We will be home tomorrow after a much needed break!! Fingers crossed now - I am copying the comment ..just in case!!! Huga, Chrisx

Susan Kane said...

Such a joyful post!

Cindy McMath said...

I remember this happy spread - I really like the flowers and the way you’ve applied the paint. Perfect page to revisit for the springtime theme!