Some of you may have read that I'm having trouble with my card reader. In fact, it no longer reads my card. So I have to take the images directly from my camera, then load them into Photoshop, which is very, very time consuming. Needless to say, I've limited the number of photos I've taken, especially after the time I spent loading my craft room photos on Friday.
Today I'm in my dining room with an empty cup and my partially completed Coffee themed altered book. I'm on a kick to finish as many of these ABs as possible that I've got lying around.
Please don't ask why I thought I needed to place the cup and saucer on the AB, but I think it was because I was afraid it would close on me as I was about to take a photo.
Here's the page up close and personal. I used a small piece of scrapbook paper with coffee words I found when I was purging. I also found this coffee image I colored and cut out. Not exactly fine art, but I am so far behindvisiting my friends' blogs and making obligatory art, I didn't have time to get fancy.
Many of you may have seen Krisha's T post last Tuesday, where she showed her granddaughter and her granddaughter's friendworking on ATCs. Krisha gave me permission to use the photos because I was SO IMPRESSED. If these gals are having this much fun and are willing to exchange ATCs with others, I don't see why everyone doesn't want to. I know Viktoria has an excuse, because she is out of country at the moment, and Rita is in the process of moving, but the idea that you don't have time, or you aren't a good enough artist certainly isn't an excuse you'll hear from these two (Rachel and Hannah).
The rules for sending a Year Two ATC:
1. Create an ATC in advance of the party next week.
2. When you link to Inlinkz, (not Mr. Linky for this week only), add an asterisk (*) behind your name IF you plan to share an ATC. By using Inlinz, if you forget your asterisk, you can go back and delete your entry, then add it again with the asterisk.
3. The next person on the list whose name has an asterisk behind it will be the person you send your ATC to. It's called Pay-It-Forward. Contact that person either on their blog or through e-mail to get their mailing address.
4. The person with an asterisk behind it whose name is before yours will contact you for your mailing address.
5. If you want the other person to be surprised, don't show your ATC until you know they have received it.. If you can't wait to share it, by all means, feel free to show your ATC.
So, please think about creating an ATC for the party next week. Thanks in advance, and thanks to Krisha for allowing me to share this photo. Happy young artists making Pay-It-Forward ATCs were used as a bribe!!
Don't forget your party hat for the party we will throw next week when T Stands For Tuesday turns TWO!
<div class="Second on the 2nd button" style="width: 200px; margin: 0 auto;">
<a href="http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">
<img src="http://www.halleshobbies.com/secondlook.jpg" alt="Second on the 2nd" width="200" height="200" />
Bleubeard and I welcome you
Art, including the journey, background techniques, new experiments, photos, failures, and successes will be shared on this site. I have removed my e-mail address until such time as I can get it to work again. Thank you for understanding. You can always leave a note on my blog and I will visit you.
Please check out my Previous Collaborations link above to see what projects I have been involved in over the past seven years. Current and ongoing projects only are shown below.
Occasionally, Silent Sunday will showcase photos of my home, neighborhood, or community. A picture is often worth a thousand words.
Feelfree to drop by every second Thursday of the month for my Second Thursday Tutorials. They are interspersed with my other Tutorials found at the link above.
Bleubeard will guide you to each Altered Book Lesson as it appears
Click on any lesson you might have missed or want to review