Monday, October 5, 2026

T Stands For Gift Basket I Won

 

Several people have asked me to show the contents of the gift basket I won from The Spice Merchant back in early March.

Let's head to the PBS lobby.
 
Walk with me to the alternate (side) entry.
 
 Once inside, I signed in, then waited while the receptionist found someone to bring me the gift basket.  While I waited,
 
I took advantage of watching the various shows and stations available.
 
On the top left is the main/PBS Kansas channel. The top right carries Explore.  The bottom left transmits Create.  The bottom right is the PBS Kid's Channel (which airs ages seven and under childrens shows 24/7).  
 
Yes, my PBS carries four separate channels.  That's why Federal defunding was so devastating here.  We are all viewer supported, unlike some states that give millions of dollars, or those that are connected to some major university.  My state (Kansas) gives my PBS station $50,000 (USD) a year.  You read right.  If we get enough new senators and congress people, maybe we can reverse that.
 
Note the new rules.  The Discovery Center is no longer FREE because of defunding.
 
  I'm sure some of you remember when I took you to The Discovery Center and Victor 
Hogstrom, President and CEO of PBS Kansas, came in to greet me.  This guy is so thoughtful, and goes out of his way to meet with major donors like myself.
 
But I digress.  You can tell this photo was taken back in early March because of the decorations.  Here is part of the Wall of Giving that I was on for several years.
 
Back in the car, I took a photo of the basket that was valued at $120.00 (USD).  To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with it.  I ended up giving over half of the contents to Sally, who was more enthusiastic than I.  There was lots of shredding that filled the bottom of the basket.  What you saw was everything.  No hidden pieces below.
 
I gave Sally the plastic coffee scoop and 1/2 pound of Colombian ground coffee. She wasn't interested in the Breakfast Blend.  You  might be able to see the biscotti in the bag.  I gave her half.  You have seen the mug "Scatter seeds of kindness," because I've used it several times.
 
There was 1 ounce of lavender flowers.  Behind it was a rubber like round, flat object that keeps a bowl from sliding on the kitchen counter.  I had no idea what it was, but Sally did and because it was pink, wouldn't go in my kitchen.  She got that, too.
 
 You can just barely see the cookies.  Below them is the pink and blue tea towel I also gave to Sally. 
 
  I'm sire you remember the cookies where the chocolate chips were so hard and tiny they would never melt.

The bow was cheesy, but you get a better view of the tea towel because it also has green in it.  It's just to the left of the letter "S." Directly above the lavender and to the right of the letter "r," is a rubber jar opener.  I apparently gave it to Sally, too because I couldn't find it the other day when I was trying to open a jar.
 
What I kept was the mug, the lavender, the horrible cookies, and half the biscotti.  Sally made out better than I, but only because I insisted she take all that stuff.  I gave the basket to my next door neighbor and put the shredding in the compost pile.  I don't believe there was any tea in the basket, which surprises me because of all the loose leaf blends they carry.
 
I've shown you mine, now it's your turn to share your T entry this week.  The rules are extremely simple.  Your drink related post may be anything from a photo of a glass, cup, or mug, to an actual drink.  You may choose to share a sketch or a digital, hybrid, or traditional page in your scrapbook, art journal, or altered book, as I have done.  Maybe you'd prefer to share a tag, or wow us with your photography.  You might choose a postcard or decorated card.  You might even draw an image on a used tea bag.  Or perhaps you prefer to review a place you visited, a movie, or book.  It makes no difference as long as it's drink related.  And don't forget that the more unique and outside the box it is, the better we like it.  Please tie it back here, and please link only to your T post, not your entire blog.  When you link, Bleubeard, the T gang, and I will be by to visit.   Bleubeard would also like to remind you that your photos may be taken any time.    
 

 

 

 

 

1 thoughtful remarks:

My name is Erika. said...

I had to smile at your comment how the keep the bowl slipping item didn't match your kitchen. Boy, you are fussy. :) And I get how PBS needs its federal funding; hopefully November's vote will help move in that direction. and 4 channels, wow. We only have 1 channel (at least that I know of) that is aired for the TV. Well, even though you weren't 100% happy with your basket, at least you won it. I hope you enjoy the mug some more and have a happy T day. hugs-Erika