As most of you know, whenever possible, I like my Second Look to somehow reflect what our current host at Art Journal Journey is featuring. That means I had to look for something that reflected Hello Autumn as requested by Sharon Fritchman who is known as That Girl Fritchey. This second look is from October 1, 2024 and was also an AJJ entry.
Autumn
has arrived in all its glory and that means the leaves are changing.
The hot colors of summer are giving way to the yellows, oranges, and
browns of autumn. I have a few detail images below.
I
began by spritzing and painting yellow spray mist onto 110 lb
cardstock. When dry, I laid real leaves I had dried onto the page. I
then spritzed with copper, but the color was not what I expected.
That's when I used colors called Raisin and Cranberry over the leaves,
which by this time had become rather colorful. I
then scrunched a small tag and sprayed it with one of my blue/green
shimmering mists. When dry, I added the image of Eleanor of Aquitaine
to the tag. I then positioned the tag to the background and added the
real leaves to the page.
Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd. The rules are
quite
simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back. All you have
to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps
one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed. It could even be
one that holds special meaning. Any post, any
genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.
Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along
with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.








4 thoughtful remarks:
Beautiful. Here it´s still green, though.
Thank you for your words, they stroke me, and of course, always welcome!
So beautiful post!!!
...fall is in the air!
That's a beautiful autumn post. I love the leaves. Are those actual brown leaves? I remember you sharing this and it is just as lovely now as it was then. Hope September has started off well. And I almost just wrote August. I'm still in disbelief I think. :) hugs-ERika
Post a Comment