Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Persistence of a Memory

 

The first time I saw Dali's Persistence of Memory was when I lived in Shawnee-Mission, one of the suburbs of Kansas City, Kansas.  It was part of a traveling Dali exhibit at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, Missouri.  I called it Dripping Clocks and did so for years because I had no idea what it was called.  However, a visit to the St. Petersburg, Florida Dali Museum, which had reproductions, finally gave me the actual name of the painting.

Today I'm sharing my own interpretation of Persistence.  I'm also at Art Journal Journey where I'm joining Sharon from That Girl Fritchey. Sharon's theme is Hello Autumn.

Not to take anything away from Dali, I call this Persistence of a memory.  Details are below.
 

 
I first laid a sprig of leaves and stems I pressed and dried on a 5 X 8 in (12.7 X 20.32 cm) sheet of 110 lb white cardstock.  I then watered down red fluid acrylic paint (Golden brand) and painted around the leaves and stems using a small brush.  Finally, I added the computer generated words I outlined using a black Posca pen.
 
Thank you for dropping by today.  Bleubeard and I hope you will join us with your interpretation of Hello Autumn inspired art at Art Journal Journey.  
 
 

1 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I won´t look up Dali´s - I like this as it is, dear Elizabeth!