Sunday, September 6, 2026

If it's Sunday, it's Rocking Horses

 

If you live in the States, my comments won't publish.  I suspect you have noticed that, too.  Nicole was the one who clued me in to the problem.  Please be aware, I visit, regardless.  It appears the only people able to publish their comments live outside the states.  It appears this problem has been corrected.

It's time for me to share a few more rocking horses.  Today I'm joining Nicole for Sunday in the Art Room or SITAR, and Gillena with Sunday Smiles

As I explained the last time we visited my guest bedroom, there are over 100 rocking horses in this room.  The first week I showed pillows, the second I showed stuffed rocking horses.  Today I have a mixed bag.
 

Speaking of bags, how about this one with a rocking horse and beaded handles.
 

This is my heaviest and most expensive.  This is solid brass and weighs a ton.  This horse cost $465.00 (USD), but all I paid was the first $45.00.  I placed it on layaway about a month before Christmas right before I moved to Wichita, KS.  When friends asked what I wanted for Christmas, I told them to put whatever they liked to the layaway.  I told the company holding the rocking horse to take the person's name, but not what they donated to the horse.  I had put the entire amount away to buy it, just in case no one left any money.  Nearly a week before I planned to pick up the horse, I got a call from the company telling me to come pick up the horse.  It had been paid in full.  I had the names of the people who contributed money to the horse.  They were all friends I already had gifts picked out and wrapped for them.  I was truly blown away!!!  This was the gift of a lifetime.
 
We are now back to this hand towel.  As you can see, my rocking horses come in all shapes and sizes.  BTW, all my wood is quartersawn oak.
 
Thanks for visiting today.  Also, please join me at 
 
 and  
 

 

 

0 thoughtful remarks: