Monday, August 31, 2026

T Stands For Freezer

 

Today we are doing something a bit different for T.  Instead of showing a croissant and a drink, or mugs found at The Spice Merchant, I'm showing what's in my freezer. 

  This is my ugly refrigerator/freezer that doesn't match a single other thing in my kitchen.  Note the step stool.  It's there because I can't reach the top two shelves without it.


  I obviously didn't think it through because I was so focused on getting a fridge with a freezer on the bottom.  Yes, I am that short!  In addition to my rocking horses, I have a ton of copper.  One of these days, I'll show you my kitchen where most of it lives.  Also, for those of you who didn't know, my kitchen colors are white, copper, and cobalt blue.
 
This is what the bottom shelf of my freezer holds.  I probably should have made sure each of these bags was turned face up, but I didn't think of that until I was removing the photos from my camera.  Here are a few closer views.
 
Starting from the right,
 
it's fairly obvious my "free" monthly coffee
 
is either Black Friday, or Sumatra.  The Breakfast Blend came in the gift basket I won from The Spice Merchant.  It was ground because many people don't have the luxury of grinding their own beans each time they make a pot of coffee.  
 
The butter came from Sam's.  I use a lot of butter in my cooking.  Wrapped in a plastic bag are avocado shells and seeds I'm saving to dye fabric. 
 
The "W" stands for whole bean as opposed to "ground."  And 1/2 represents one half pound of coffee.  I am allowed one full pound a month for both shows I support.  I support all the British shows that are offered and the highest level of Antiques Road Show.  And in case you didn't know, I LOVE PBS (Public Broadcasting System) which is ad free.
 
I've shown you mine, now it's your turn to share your T entry this week.  The rules are extremely simple.  Your drink related post may be anything from a photo of a glass, cup, or mug, to an actual drink.  You may choose to share a sketch or a digital, hybrid, or traditional page in your scrapbook, art journal, or altered book, as I have done.  Maybe you'd prefer to share a tag, or wow us with your photography.  You might choose a postcard or decorated card.  You might even draw an image on a used tea bag.  Or perhaps you prefer to review a place you visited, a movie, or book.  It makes no difference as long as it's drink related.  And don't forget that the more unique and outside the box it is, the better we like it.  Please tie it back here, and please link only to your T post, not your entire blog.  When you link, Bleubeard, the T gang, and I will be by to visit.   Bleubeard would also like to remind you that your photos may be taken any time.  
 

 



Please don't forget to dig up your Second on the 2nd.  Any genre, any style, any length, as long as it has been published in the past. 



1 thoughtful remarks:

Christine said...

Your freezer is very organized