Friday, August 7, 2026

She Sells Seashells

 

Today you will find me at Art Journal Journey, where I'm joining my friend Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal.  Erika's theme for the entire month at AJJ is In the good old summertime.  And because it's Friday, I'm also joining Nicole for Friday Face-Off and Gillena for Art For Fun Friday.

Obviously, this is entitled She Sells Seashells By The Seashore.  Details are below.
 


  The tongue twister "She sells seashells by the seashore" became widely known in the 19th century and was later turned into a popular 1908 song by Terry Sullivan.  It is a well-known tongue twister that gained popularity in the 19th century and is often recited for fun and used to improve pronunciation skills.  It is also used in educational settings to help children with phonics and pronunciation.  The phrase continues to be a popular and entertaining linguistic challenge for people of all ages.  The complete tongue twister is below:
She sells seashells by the seashore,
The shells she sells are seashells, I’m sure.
So if she sells seashells on the seashore,
Then I’m sure she sells seashore shells. 
 
I began by adhering a napkin from my stash to 5 X 8 in (12.7 X 20.32 cm) 110 lb cardstock using a glue stick.  I then added the little girl that I found at The Graphics Fairy.  Next, I added the computer generated tongue twister using a glue stick.  Finally, I adhered the star button from my stash using E6000.  
 
Thanks ever so much for dropping by today.  It means the world to me.  I hope to see you and your interpretation of In the good old summertime at Art Journal JourneyI'll also be joining Nicole at Friday Face OFF, and Gillena at Art For Fun Friday.
 

Friday Face OFF   

Please visit Bleubeard and me today at these three art blogs. 

  

15 thoughtful remarks:

Gillena Cox said...

Yes indeed its seashells she sells
Happy Friday

Much love

Lisca said...

I remember this one from my childhood! And your lovey page reminded me of fun days at the seashore in St Ives, Cornwall.
Happy Friday,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

Hihi, ours is about a fisherman, Fritz:
"Fischers Fritz fischt frische Fische, frische Fische fischt Fischers Fritz“.

Maria Medeiros said...

oh this is lovely! Beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend!

Tom said...

...now Say, She Sells Seashells Down By The Sea Shore quickly 10 time!!!

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for linking to AFFF#221

much love

CJ Kennedy said...

I never knew the whole rhyme just the first line

My name is Erika. said...

I love that background. And your little girl is very sweet. And like CJ, I only knew the first line. I don't think I'll try to say the whole poem though...I'd probably sound like I had too much to drink. Ha ha. Thanks for sharing this really summery page over at AJJ. I appreciate it. Happy Friday too. hugs-Erika

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh you have stirred up some memories and reminded those of us who remember how old we are, Ha! And, yes, I tried to say the tongue twister again and still can't do it quickly 😂 So nice artistic depiction of the girl who was selling seashells by the seashore. I am guessing that little girl selling shells on the seashore is as old as me by now and not selling shells anymore :)
Fun post, Elizabeth and my regards to Bleubeard ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Christine said...

Lovely entries for the theme!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

being a huge fan of shells, I really enjoy this piece Elizabeth ‼️‼️💚 N bleu N squiggles…..cauz trubullz two day bee coz itz fry day 😸🐾‼️💚

Sandra Cox said...

I love it, love it, love it. Have a grand weekend, dear Elizabeth.

DVArtist said...

This is beautiful. The face on the girl is so angelic and peaceful. Thank you for sharing your lovely art with FFO and have a nice day.

Catolico said...

Deus caritas est!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like your design and the colour palette you chose!