Saturday, August 15, 2026

More early August herbs

 

Continuing to share how much my herbs have grown in early August, I'll begin with my chives that overwintered indoors.
 
Behind the chives is one of four pots of rosemary I purchased this year.
 
Although it's a bit hard to see, the large white pot behind the rosemary is my comfrey.  It seems I'm growing it wrong, so I hope to make some changes in the next two weeks.
 
Here's another pot of rosemary.
 
 
Hidden behind the rosemary is a pot of tarragon.
 
More rosemary in front, lemon thyme in the black pot, and English thyme in the beige pot that overwintered outside.
 
Two pots of oregano are doing well.
 
Thank goodness, my very expensive lemongrass is doing well.
 
 
Sadly, I seem to have killed two of my three lavender plants I purchased this year.  I don't seem to do well with lavender.
 
Behind the lavender are my sunflowers that bloom every year in mid-September.  A bird (?) originally left the seeds a few years ago and now these plants are out of control.
 
Thanks ever so much for stopping by today.  Bleubeard and I are grateful you don't get too bored with me sharing my herbs once a month. 

 

 

1 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, that is cooking heaven you produce there, dear Elizabeth!! I hope to see results to make me hungry ;-)
Guess what: I can see one sunflower on the way on our balcony!