Sunday, August 9, 2026

If it's Sunday, it's time for Rocking Horses

 

It's time to unveil a few more rocking horses.I'm also joining Nicole for Sunday in the Art Room or SITAR, and Gillena with Sunday Smiles.   

This is my quartersawn oak writing desk.  On it are five rocking horses.  There are also over thirty rocking horses in this photo.  I will share some of those next week.
 
The first one is a mug that holds pens, pencils, and even scissors.  The crystal, picked up in Arkansas, sits atop several books.
 
The see-thru glass rocker is a candy dish.  
 
The brass rocker on the grape holds a teddy bear.  A brass candle holder and candle, along with a brass tin complete the small vignette.
 
While in Omaha, Ne on my internship, I shared an apartment with a beautiful young lady who took me shopping one day.  She bought the rocking horse and I bought the engine and caboose.  It is one of my favorite pieces because of our friendship.
 
This is one of two wooden rocking horses I found somewhere years ago.  One is a blue horse with green rockers, and one (this one) is a green horse with blue rockers.
 
 
Also on my writing desk
 
is this music box that also holds a container of a roll of postage stamps.  Pretty AND functional.
 
Thanks for visiting today.  Also, please join me at 
 
 and  

 

 

4 thoughtful remarks:

Modrina Neba - Blue sky said...

Your rocking horses are something special, they remind me of childhood, but where is that now... well, let's keep being kids :)))
Good Sunday...kiss Andreja from Slovenija!

Iris Flavia said...

Maybe it´s a sign I join you today with my rocking horses and you sharing one with a train! Have a happy Sunday!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you opened the music box so I could see the horse won the top. I would have missed that one otherwise. But I did see the little metal one in the train. That's a fun little piece, and a good story to go with it too. And in the first photo I can see the blue rocking horse with the green rockers too. That's for that explanation. I hope you're having a good weekend. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...it appears that you have collections of collections!