Friday, August 21, 2026

First Place

 

Today you will find me at Art Journal Journey, where I'm joining my friend Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal.  Erika's theme at AJJ is In the good old summertime.  And because it's Friday, I'm also joining Nicole for Friday Face-Off and Gillena for Art For Fun Friday. 

There appear to be many childhood memories, including a First Place ribbon and a silver cup for winning a golf tournament.  Other summertime memories are detailed below. 
 



I began by adhering a napkin from my stash to 5 X 8 in (12.7 X 20.32 cm) 110 lb cardstock using a glue stick.  I then fussy cut the baseball and adhered it to the page, also using a glue stick.  Next, I added the computer generated words.  Hopefully the person in the framed photo has enough of a face to qualify for FFO.  The memories also included fishing, baseball, a toy airplane, and checkers. 
 
Thanks ever so much for dropping by today.  It means the world to me.  I hope to see you and your interpretation of In the good old summertime at Art Journal JourneyBleubeard and I will also be joining Nicole at Friday Face OFF, and Gillena at Art For Fun Friday.
 
Art Journal Journey 

Friday Face OFF     Please visit Bleubeard and me today at these three art blogs. 

  

12 thoughtful remarks:

Gillena Cox said...

Very interesting pieces
Happy Friday
Thanks for linkingbto AFFF 223 today

Much love

Tom said...

...this week we went to the fair and saw many prize winners.

Maria Medeiros said...

Wonderful pieces that are very nostalgic in a way for me. Lovely and have a wonderful Friday and lovely weekend Elizabeth!

My name is Erika. said...

That a fun piece with lots of summer sports and activities. And even better that this person took a blue ribbon. In golf it looks like. THis is perfect for AJJ. I appreciate you joining in. Have a super FRiday and start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely pages!

Lisca said...

Lovely childhood summer memories. (Did you play golf as a child?)
Enjoy the weekend,
Lisca

carol l mck said...

Lovely journal pages ~ so creative ~ Happy Weekend to you ~
Hugs ^_^

https://anartistreflects.com

CJ Kennedy said...

High marks for nostalgia.

DVArtist said...

These are wonderful childhood memories. You always know how to put items together to make something pleasing to view. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a lovely weekend.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely childhood memories, lovely page.

All the best Jan

Fundy Blue said...

Lovely collage of your childhood summertime memories, Elizabeth! Are there any better memories?

Iris Flavia said...

To great memories!