Friday, July 17, 2026

Week 7 of Index-Card-A-Day or ICAD

 

It's Friday and time for ICADs.  I'm joining Nicole for Friday Face-Off and Gillena for Art For Fun Fridays along with Tammy Garcia at Daisy Yellow (Index-Card-A-Day).  Would you like to see another ICAD?  Then please visit Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero here.           

Day 41: Grow.  Background is Russian text. Green and blue dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is grapes on a vine. Names in blue felt tip pen.
 
Day 42: Bus.  Background is crossword clues. Blue and brown dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is a school bus in front of a school. It is used when an additional ounce is required.  Names in blue felt tip pen.

Day 43: Relevant.  Background is French text. Green and brown dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is Frank Lloyd Wright (a famous architect of the 20th century).  Names computer generated.

Day 44: Fresh.  Background is vintage sheet music. Green and red dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is lemons. Names in red felt tip pen.

Day 45: Huge.  Background is Russian text. Green and brown dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is Venezuela dam. Names in green felt tip pen.

Day 46: End.  Background is Spanish text. Red and brown dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is Help End Hunger. Names in red felt tip pen.

Day 47: Cat (It's Squiggles' birthday).  Background is Spanish text. Red and blue dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is Postage Due*. Names in red felt tip pen.
 
*Postage Due stamps were issued from 1880 to November, 1985.  They were issued because postmasters who received cash didn't always claim the money at the end of the day. According to the Smithsonian Postal Museum:
The 1880 Report of the Postmaster General noted that the former system of collecting postage due had one great weakness: “In securing the full returns of [the postage due collected in cash] the department was entirely dependent on the fidelity of the postmasters.” Postage due stamps, affixed to underpaid mail as receipts for the underpayment collected, solved that problem by requiring postmasters to account for cash receipts that would balance any postage due stamps no longer in stock, in the same way that they had to account for regular postage stamp sales.

 

  I'm creating ICADs but am not on the sites where Tammy posts.  Therefore, this is the only place you will find Bleubeard's and my ICADs.  

Today I'm also joining Nicole at Friday Face OFF, and Gillena at Art For Fun Friday.
 

Friday Face OFF   

Thanks for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I hope you enjoy the ICADs and will let us know your favorites.  We hope to see you at these art blogs, too.  We are delighted you dropped by.
 
Friday Smiles will be posted this afternoon.
 
 

6 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Happy Birthday, Squiggles! As far as I know when you underpay the receiver has to pay up. See you this arvo then!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice. I really liked the bus ICAD. Maybe because I like the stamps, which I have never seen before. I didn't know there were school stamps put out (at some point). Have a super Friday. hugs-Erika

Lisca said...

I love looking at your ICADs mainly because of the stamps. (and the info). Belated happy birthday to Squiggles.
Keep Smiling,
Happy Friday,
Lisca

carol l mck said...

Happy Birthday to Squiggles and creative collaging ~ Hugs ^_^
https://anartistreflects.com

DVArtist said...

I'm so impressed with how you create these. The simplest things speak volumes. All of these do just that. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a nice weekend.

Tom said...

,,,I'm sorry to be late, this just came up on my reader list. Yes, let's help end hunger!