It's been awhile since I updated my herbs. Some have grown by leaps and bounds.
First up is my lavender. One is blooming, one is not. In the background to the left you can see the leaves of my sunflowers that bloom in early September.
My oregano is growing like a weed. At least the one on the left is. The one in the clay pot is much smaller.
Thyme, which is in the large pot in the back, overwintered outside, thanks to Erika, who doesn't bring hers inside over the winter. It came back strong this spring.
There is more rosemary behind the chives. Sadly, the chives have lost their bulbs. The comfry in the large white pot in the left, which overwintered indoors, is looking good. The bergamot, aka bee balm, overwintered outside in this pot that has seen better days. The flowers definitely need to be deadheaded.
Both of my new sage plants have doubled in size. The one on the right that overwintered inside has much smaller leaves, but at least I didn't kill it.













10 thoughtful remarks:
So far no luck at all here. Nothing blooming - it´s too cold. Next year: Nursery flowers! Happy for you, though :-)
...you have plenty to keep yourself busy!
Love your herb garden!
Wow -- everything is so lovely and so lush. You are definitely doing something right here -- it's fantastic!
OMGosh your herbs have really taken off since the last photos you share. They are all beautiful.
Your herb garden is going great guns. Everything looks beautiful and healthy. I bet that area smells wondrous. The only herb I've got currently is my rosemary bush and it's taking over everything in its vicinity. Hope you are well, dear Elizabeth.
Your herb garden must smell heavenly
Your herbs are looking great. And your basil is huge. I started new seeds this spring and they are just starting to get any height. And your sage looks great too. I never have had any luck with sage. Your garden looks super Elizabeth. I don't find this post boring at all!! hugs-Erika
This was wonderful and not boring at all! Your plants look so healthy. I haven't tried lemon grass, but made the mistake of planting lemon balm. Oh dear-it's everywhere now and will take over if I don't yank it out. I love the wagon-so cute!
I do like your collection of herbs.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment