Thursday, October 10, 2024

Leaves

 

Once again, Blogger has blocked me from leaving comments.  It is very frustrating and I am trying to leave comments in e-mails, which is both time consuming and sometimes futile.  Please be aware, I will leave a proper comment when Blogger gets off my case and lets me publish comments again.

I'm once again at Art Journal Journey joining Alison/Craftytrog, whose chosen theme is Autumn Colors and InspirationI am also joining where their theme is.Try It On Tuesday Autumn Magic

For obvious reasons, I've named this Leaves.  I dried all the leaves you see in this assembly.  I have detail images below.






I started with a sheet of bright yellow 90 lb. cardstock to which I added the assembly.  I first positioned the three large leaves on the page, then glued them in place.  I then colored the corrugated cardboard with brown dye ink.  When dry, I adhered it to the page.  I had a piece of the cardboard left over, which I positioned near the top where I knew the tag would be.  It provided the stability I needed for the tag.  While waiting for the ink to dry on the cardboard, I added leaves I had previously dried to the tag I found in my stash.  Several of the leaves were quite brittle and tore when I glued them to the tag.  Before I scanned the assembly, I positioned the string behind one of the leaf stems.

Bleubeard and I are so glad you dropped by.  We also hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Autumn Colors and Inspirations and Try It On Tuesday's Autumn Magic.


EDIT:  I don't understand how 's theme got mixed up both places.  It should read:Try It On Tuesday

I am also joining , Try It On Tuesdaywhere their theme isutumn Magic. A

Not sure why this isn't working.  It's putting letters and words in the wrong places.


5 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Blogger is messing with your mind.
Love your leaves.

Neet said...

Now that's a good idea - I saw some lovely leaves in Preston and now wish I had picked some up from the pavement. Next time I go I will remember to get some and then I can use them like this.
Lovely autumnal page Elizabeth.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Tom said...

...you have collected some interesting leaves!

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you used real leaves on this page, and the bright yellow is perfect. It makes me think of athe sun shining through the leaves, kind of like yesterday's art you posted. I like how you added the tag too. Have a great THursday. hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

I love your use of real leaves on this wonderful composition Elizabeth!
Blogger is certainly messing you about lately :-(
Hugs, Alison