Sunday, June 9, 2024

What is new pussy cat?


 Today I'm back for another entry at Art Journal Journey.

Bleubeard and I call this What is new pussycat?  Anytime I can use a cat in my altered book, it makes me happy.  Coincidentally, What Makes You Happy is Matilde's theme, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  You can find Matilde at 100% Handmade/Craftowanie. Detail shots are below.




I found the background image in my stash when I was looking for something to distinguish the die cut cat from the background.  I had to turn the image on its side so it would fit in the Cats Altered Book.  A friend made some Bleubeard and Elizabeth words on his ink jet printer so I can use them with my ICADs.  I was amazed at the difference between his ink jet and my laser printer when it came to the sentiment.

Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are thrilled you took time to drop by.

 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Christine said...

Lovely work

Lowcarb team member said...

This is lovely, so colourful.

All the best Jan

Elephant's Child said...

Pussy cats always make me happy.

Tom said...

...I remember "What's New Pussycat?" as a 1965 screwball comedy film.

Divers and Sundry said...

And now I have Tom Jones singing "What's New, Pussycat" running in my brain. Fun 😊

Rita said...

Cats make me very happy, too.
And now I also have Tom Jones in my head--lol! :)

Sami said...

Very cute :) And straight away Tom Jones song came to mind, lol
Enjoy your week Elizabeth

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun piece. I love that background. It's very modern, and I like that a long with all the colors. I hope you had a super weekend, and I'm glad you were able to join Matilde's challenge. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Jinx! We both featured Calli in our posts today. You can't go wrong with cats.

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dea, I'm singing already! Lovely piece for AJJ, thanks! I will not be joining in tomorrow, I have a very busy day here. Hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

I’m joining the folks whose earworm today is “What’s New Pussycat?” Sad that Woody Allen turned out to be a disappointing human being.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Katerinas Blog said...

I like your participation today,
as well as the song.
I definitely prefer the laser printer!

Jeanie said...

Well, of course you know how much I like this one! Very nicely done, Elizabeth. Very fun.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a nice piece! You seem to have so much fun.
I just cocooned today. A bit of stress.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun page! Loving the artwork and the pretty kitty cat, purr-fect ...ha, ha ❤️. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Neet said...

A 'purrfect' page for you Elizabeth - cats it had to be and what a lovely interpretation of them - very modern cats mingle with the lifelike silhouette of a cat.
The words bring back mental pictures of Tom Jones and my youth. Gosh, the man is in his 80's now but can still hold his own when he bursts into song, and give many a singer a run for his money.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Matilde said...

Very nice collage! I love your idea for this theme 🥰