Monday, June 10, 2024

T Stands For Back To The Spice Merchant

 

 Let's head back to The Spice Merchant for T this week.

It was time to return to The Spice Merchant for my "free" monthly coffee.  Free because I donate an obscene amount of money to my PBS station where Bleubeard and I support all 10 British programs. 
 
There were some clever sayings and friendly advice on these mugs.
 
I kept moving around to get a better shot, when I should have been

moving (rotating) the mugs.  Did anyone notice the cat and dog mugs on the top shelf.  Sorry, no Ink cats, CJ.

Art inspired mugs caught my eye.  I was tempted by "The Wave,"

but "The Scream" was also tempting. 
 
There was a Monet and The Irises by Van Gogh, too.  
 
Did you see the dog, Erika?  I have no idea who the famous artist is who is represented on the dog mug.

Van Gogh's various flowers were nicely represented,

as were Monet's waterlilies.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain the mugs on the left represent Mary Cassatt.  The ones on the right remind me of Edward Manet.

Oh look.  There's an Ink after all.

Are those supposed to be books?

I'm at a loss for what these mugs represent.  I actually recognize an owl.

I like the shape of the square mug, but I like to wrap my hands around a warm mug and the square would defeat the purpose.

I really like the hand, too. 
 
Not my thing, but cute.

For the man person who enjoys the old west.

This is for Erika, Carola, Valerie, and CJ.  As I was leaving that area, something caught my eye.  Did you see it?

It is the Wichita, Kansas flag.  I picked one up expecting to see "Made in China, but was surprised when I read "Made in USA."

Now it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. 



It's time to start thinking about our 11th Anniversary.  If you would like to partner with someone again this year and trade either two tea bags and an ATC, two tea bags and two postcards, or two postcards and an ATC, please let me know next week.  I will be trading with ONE person only this year.  If you missed out last year, feel free to join us this year.


 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Christine said...

Such a fun place!

Tom said...

I like the Wichita, Kansas flag!

Mae Travels said...

I have some of the great artists mugs. I have so many mugs of all sorts that I have two high shelves for the overflow.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elephant's Child said...

That is a shop I would happily spend time (and probably money) in.

Divers and Sundry said...

Fun mugs, but I've had to strictly control my desire for cups and mugs because I've already filled up all the available space🤣 Their offerings are certainly tempting, though.

My name is Erika. said...

They have some really cool mugs. A lot of these have a homemade feel. And artsy too. As I'e said before, I'd be in trouble here, even though I try not to buy new ones. Thanks for sharing these or T day. You certainly have some great photos this week. Have a great T day. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

So many mugs! I use thermal mugs anymore or I would be so tempted by many of them. :)

Cloudia said...

Of course I like the spiral hand too!

Iris Flavia said...

Fun mugs, but what really stands out is "Made in USA"!!!
My beloved Tea-Rex-mug says "Designed in Australia" and then... "Made in China" - buhuuu.
So: Yay to Wichita!

Lisca said...

What lovely mugs. I really like the art inspired ones.
But must admit the Wichita one is rather special.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of lovely mugs, I could happily buy them all. I have so many, but can never resist buying more. Happy T Day, I am spending most of today at the doctor's for various exams, so I'm not joining in today. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

They have such an eclectic selection of mugs. The art mugs are really pretty. I like the van Gogh and Monet. The Scream made me think of don't talk to me before I've had my tea! (or coffee!) And after the boxed art mugs the first thing I saw was Ink. Happy T Day

Violetta said...

And once again I wonder, who will buy all these nice mugs? Have a wonderful T-day, dear Elizabeth.
All the best
Violetta

da tabbies o trout towne said...

they have a lot of really nice mugs, not sure I’d want to do inventory though ‼️‼️‼️

wavez two ewe bleu N squiggles…cauz trubullz thiz week 😺😺💙🐟

Nancy said...

The mugs- endless supply! It could take some time to choose one. I like the art-inspired ones, too.

Jeanie said...

They do have such cute mugs there!

Lowcarb team member said...

Those mugs ... simply fabulous.
I could easily spend a lot of time in this shop.

All the best Jan