Monday, April 1, 2024

Trigonometric shapes of a circle

 

Before I introduce this month's host, Bleubeard and I want to thank Chris of PearshapedCrafting, one of our moderators, for hosting last month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme, On All Fours, gave me the opportunity and chance to work in my Cat's altered book. Thanks ever so much for your great hosting last month, dear Chris.  

It's a new month and we welcome a new host, as we always do on the first.  This month another moderator of Art Journal Journey is our host.  Please give a warm welcome to Valerie, who can be found at Bastelmania (craftattack)Valerie's theme is Geometric Forms.

It's April Fools Day and I seem to have fooled myself in thinking I was saving a bit of time by recycling some trigonometric shapes in various circles.  These pages were recycled from an old Physics workbook I had as an undergrad.  Detail images are below.









I colored each of these circles at night by the light of the TV, which was stupid.  I had no idea how many mistakes I made until I loaded them onto my blog!  You could tell when my hand began going numb was when I made the most mistakes.  Each circle was colored using watercolor pencils.  The good news is, they are definitely all Geometric Forms.
 
Valerie, Chris, Erika, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of Geometric Forms.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We cannot leave comments on Facebook or Instagram entries.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, we ask that you translate it for us since the translation tool doesn't work on some blogs, including mineHope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey.   
 
This is Day 1 of 22 leading up to bEARTHday and I recycled two pages from an old Physics workbook. 
 
 

12 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

DEFINITELY all geometric shapes - and a fun theme.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, I t must have taken you ages! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...I was never good at this in school.

My name is Erika. said...

It's great you had that old workbook from your undergrad. Mine are long gone, but I bet you could find some super geometric forms in those pages. It's a fun way to start the month. Happy April to you. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Nice work!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I would never had guessed you had coloured these brilliant circles in TV light! What a great start to Valerie's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

DVArtist said...

Wow! This is amazing. I really love this theme. Have a happy April fools day.

Cloudia said...

Interesting! Aloha

Jeanie said...

I'm very attracted to these shapes. It's a fun exercise!

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever way to recycle for the challenge

Rita said...

This is going to be an interesting month! Your hand might have gone numb but the bright colors were really worth it. :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The shapes are all so fascinating you did a grand job of colouring each section. It sure will be an interesting month with Valeries theme, look forward to seeing more. Take care of yourself Hugs Tracey x