Thursday, April 25, 2024

Friday Face-Off and Friday Smiles

 

 Today I'm joining both Friday Face-Off and Friday Smiles.

Early this April, I saw this robin looking for food.



I waited patiently for it to turn so I could get its face.

Finally!

I think Nicole will agree it's a face and qualifies for Nicole's Friday Face Off

I'll be back later with the Smiles portion of this post.  I'm still getting photos off my camera.  

Be sure to wish Nicole a happy birthday because it is this Saturday.

Now it's time to join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  

A few days later, I started seeing signs of tulips and the greenery that precedes my naked ladies/surprise lilies.

Nothing showing on my transplanted Rose of Sharon bushes.

Only a few tulips survived the mountain of dirt

that spent most of the winter there.

It's rained all day, so I took this photo from my porch this evening.  The Rose of Sharon bushes are filling out nicely.

In addition to the bushes, my perennials in the wheel barrow are looking good.

I must find a place for my Lilies of the Valley that nearly died were smothered before I cleaned out the area.  These are all that are left from over 30 I originally planted.

On the right is my rosemary that made it through the winter.  Next to it is a new Lavender plant I purchased last week.  I also purchased chives and apple mint.


Lavender,

chives,

and apple mint are my newest herbs.

I hope you will join Bleubeard and me for Friday Face Off and Friday Smiles.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

The robin is gorgeous.

Rita said...

A robin face should certainly count. ;)

Christine said...

So cute

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for waiting to get the cute face!
Planting, yes, I am at it!

Elephant's Child said...

Loving your garden. I hope our naked ladies come back this year.

mamapez5 said...

Nice to see you back Elizabeth. Lovely robin.It looks much darker than the ones we have in UK.
It is great to watch the garden waking up again after winter. I love tulips, and there are so many different ones. But lily of the valley are my absolute favourite. Of course they wouldn't survive out here. I know my mum paid and exhorbedent price for a small spray if them to go on my wedding cake.
You have some healthy loking herbs again tis year. I hopethey all do well for you. Kate x

Lisca said...

What a lovely robin! And such a beautiful colour. Much darker than what I’m used to seeing.
Your garden is coming up nicely. Spring has arrived. Hopefully you won’t get any more snow.
You sound like you’re feeling better. Great.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Mae Travels said...

We are seeing robins everywhere now that it is near their breeding season. The migratory birds are also here, though it’s a bit more challenging to see and photograph them. Your garden looks to be coming in very nicely … spring is so rewarding! We had our grass mowed for the first time yesterday, just to illustrate how things are. coming along here.

Have a good weekend!

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Gene Black said...

We are seeing lots of robins in Mom’s yard. Thanks for the smile.

Tom said...

...I love the shovel sculpture.

My name is Erika. said...

Hurrah for robins and tulips and everything that says spring is here. You need to share some photos of that sculpture. I can see the shovel shape, but not a lot else. I'm guessing it is a bird? I planted some lily of the valley a couple of years ago and have lost them already. I was so hoping they would spread out, but nope. Have fun in the garden and with your new plants. hugs-Erika

Annie said...

Your robins are so much bigger than ours. Your garden is looking good.
Hugs,
Annie x

Jenn Jilks said...

What a delightful garden! It makes me happy.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely photo of the robin, well done!

LA Paylor said...

so much new growth and regrowth. Hope it all thrives for you
LeeAnna

DVArtist said...

You are so sweet to remember my birthday. What a nice looking Robin. Healthy and very pretty. Your yard and garden look amazing. You are off to a good start. As you read I got a new PC for my birthday. It is an all in one with a 27" screen. OMG!!! It is awesome. LOL Thank you for joining FFO and have the best day.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, sorry I'm so late. Something came over me on Friday and I ended up in bed for the rest of the day but nearly back to normal now. Thick I had eaten something that didn't agree with me but no idea what it was. Pleased to see your plants popping up to life again. Hugs Angela xXx