Monday, April 22, 2024

T Stands For Sally's Birthday

 

I realize you must be tired of reading this, but I STILL cannot leave comments to anyone who uses embedded comments.  I get "failed to publish," and I get the same message every time. This is very frustrating.  I appreciate your patience and understanding that it is not me because I do visit and leave, or try to leave, a comment.

Instead of sharing my bEARTHday, I am sharing my foodie friend Sally's birthday which was the 28th of March.

I asked my friend Sally where she wanted to go on her birthday

and she chose China Inn.  Not a choice I would have made, but it was her birthday, not mine.

We had what we always had when we went there.   It included shrimp chow mein, sweet and sour chicken, fried rice, and egg roll.  I had water with lemon, you might be able to see in the background.

This is Sally's favorite.  Not sure how I failed to get her face in the photo.

When we first got there, I told the waitress it was Sally's birthday.  Note Sally's water.  My ticket to the T party today.

Sally decided to take a photo of the ice cream and candle. 

Even though the waitress included two spoons, Sally didn't offer to share (grin).

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday.   Be sure to visit the other T Tuesday participants.  



 

I will not be around to join you for T until much later tonight.  Two of my No Name, No Photos Allowed friends are taking me to dinner.  We meet at 5 p.m. for "drinks" (mine will definitely be non-alcoholic), then we have reservations at 7 p.m. for a very exclusive restaurant.  I've insisted NO GIFTS allowed.

 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sally looks happy! And you didn't get to share the ice cream?! Oh dear! Happy Birthday and enjoy your special meal! Hugs!

Sharon Madson said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Elizabeth, Happpy Birthday to you! :)

Mae Travels said...

Your dinner plan sounds fabulous and I hope you have a great evening.

Happy Birthday… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...Sally, happy 29th birthday!

Cloudia said...

Happy Birthday Sally! Aloha from Honolulu

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you still had fun going out for Sally's birthday even if the food wasn't your choice. I like Asian food, and it looks pretty good. It's just too bad Sally didn't share the ice cream with you. I hope you had some today to celebrate your day. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy happy Sally!
Don't worry about comments! Silly Internet.

Lisca said...

Well happy birthday Sally (even though it was last month).
The food looks good actually. But in Europe, I think, you would get those dishes in separate little dishes, not everything piled on one plate.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

Happy late birthday to Sally. Forgive me, I know you birthday is close to mine but for the life of me can't remember what day is yours. So Happy birthday to you too. Glad you had a good time but I would have shared the ice cream with you. Happy T day.

Iris Flavia said...

Happy belated Birthday-wishes to Sally. So nice of you to take her, even if you actually would not chose that place - sad about the ice-cream, though!
And yes, I feel your Blogger-pain. I remember the (g)olden days when it was all so easy with Blogger. Which reminds me I wanted to save all the data. Just imagine they shut down altogether!

Elephant's Child said...

Sally looks very happy. I hope you were at least that happy for your own bEARTHday.

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, I have now changed my comment function back to “full page” and hope you can comment in my blog. (But I think you COULD - you just told me that you couldn't get my translate button to work. I hope it works NOW!
Happy belated birthday to Sally! The ice cream with candle is a nice thing :-D I hope you enjoyed the food and especially the time together!
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/04/weltreise-2024-1-station-singapur.html

Sami said...

Happy belated birthday to Sally :)
And she didn't share her ice-cream, lol

Violetta said...

Have a nice T-day dear Elizabeth. I hope it tasted well at the Chinese Restaurant. Your comments in my blog seem to work in the meantime. But what to do with the translation button....I don´t know.
All the best
Violetta

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like a fun outing. Happy Birthday to Sally! 💐🎂

Let's Art Journal said...

I seem to be getting your comments, it's kind of you to visit 😊. It looks like Sally's birthday celebrations were fab, loving the meals that you had - yum! Glad to see you enjoying yourselves, Happy belated Birthday wishes to Sally and Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy Birthday dear Elizabeth! I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday on your Earth Day ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Rita said...

Happy birthday, Elizabeth!
Sally's birthday was the same day as mine.
Hope you enjoy your dinner. :)

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

Sandra Cox said...

It looks like a lovely day for Sally. Hope your bEARTHday was just as special.