Monday, February 19, 2024

T Stands for another visit to The Spice Merchant

 

We are once again back at The Spice Merchant, this time with items other than mugs.

Torani is famous the world over for their syrups and sauces.  If you want to spice up your drink, these are the syrups that will do it.  How about a chocolate covered cherry hot chocolate?  I would gladly drink one of those.  Want the recipe?  Thanks to Torani, here it is:
 

Ingredients

1 tbsp (1/2 oz) Torani Cherry Syrup

2 tbsp (1 oz) Torani Dark Chocolate Puremade Sauce

Whipped cream, Chocolate Sauce and maraschino cherry for garnish

Instructions

Steam milk and Torani together. Pour heated flavored cocoa into a tall glass and stir gently.

As you can see,

The Spice Merchant carries these Torani sauces, too.
 
I tried making my own Chai once.  I remember grinding the cinnamon sticks, adding the cardamom seeds, grinding ginger and cloves, and adding freshly ground nutmeg.  It took forever to make and I didn't add enough black pepper.  If I ever decide to make it again, I'll buy a mix instead.

When I downloaded these photos, I was even more curious what was on the shelves in the background.  I saw Tabasco, but nothing else I recognized.

CJ will be happy to see

a few gadgets mixed in with glass jars.

Finally, a few jams, jellies, preserves,
 
and salsas made in Wichita and created specifically for The Spice Merchant.

Now it's time for you to include your own T Tuesday post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. You might even decide to share a syrup or recipe.  Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. 




19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Have a wonderful T Day, Elizabeth! It's bedtime here so I'll say good night! Hugs!

DVArtist said...

OK, I'm going to have to write to the Spice Merchant and request that they open a store in my town. LOL What a fabulous place. Everytime you post about them there is a whole different section of items. How big is this place? Ohhh yeah, that was a good try on the Chai but the mix would be easier. LOL Thank you Elizabeth for sharing more of the fabulou store. Have a very nice evening.

Cloudia said...

Wishing you a beautiful week my friend! Aloha

Tom said...

...sounds yummy!

My name is Erika. said...

That hot coco sounds great, but even though I love cherries, I would probably go for straight chocolate coco. The cherry might be too over-powering. Now caramel, that might be good. Of course I'm not familiar with Torani and I don't think I've seen it, so I would have to try it to actually decide. And a cup of chai tea is always a nice drink. That sounds like quite a chore to make it. I've never made it, since it is so easy to buy it. I didn't know it had pepper in it either. Thanks for taking us back to the Spice Market and sharing these drink related items. And have a super T day. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

This is such a cool store to browse in Lots of things to see and consider buying. Happy T
Kathy

Mae Travels said...

I’ve seen Torani syrups when I’ve looked for flavoring, but I have never bought any. Being that famous, I expect it’s good quality. I don’t make mixed drinks — just wine.

Have a great Tuesday!

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

I must admit...we never heard of Torani!
But reading about the fuss you made for having a yummy drink I think I should look out for that! Happy T-Day

Carola Bartz said...

I'm not a fan of flavored syrups, so I pass on that aisle at the Spice Merchant. Jams can be interesting, however, I make my own preserves, mainly raspberry, and it only has organic raspberries and organic sugar - that's it. Do they carry red or black currant jelly? I love those, but they seem to be harder to find in the States. I guess the coffee still would have the biggest draw for me. Thank you for another interesting visit to the Spice Merchant, Elizabeth, and happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

They have such a wonderful variety of goodies!

I'm still in MN playing with the grandbaby. This granny is having fun 🥰

Lisca said...

How interesting. The only syrup I have ever seen was at Starbucks at the airport. I thought that was what made them famous. I didn’t realise one could actually buy those syrups in a store. And the recipe sounds nice but a steamer is needed, which is on one of those fancy ( expensive) espresso machines. But it certainly is a fascinating isle.
Yes, I tried to make chai once too. But like you, I thought it was too much of a faf.
And I recognised those little measuring cups. They are so handy! I have several. The lettering eventually fades from the plastic ones so the last one I bought is glass and if I don’t drop it, it will last me longer.
Thank you Elizabeth, for taking me on another visit to this fascinating store.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Violetta said...

WOW, I wonder if you ever will find a rack that has been visited before :-).
This mixture sounds good. Have a good time and Happy T-day
Violetta

Christine said...

Lovely store

CJ Kennedy said...

I would like the Spice Merchant to open up a store near me. I've used Torani vanilla syrup in my tea. I didn't realize they had so many flavors beyond the vanilla and caramel. I will have to look for the coconut as I've never seen that carried in the stores around here. I was thrilled to see the gadgets. I use the mini measures (shot glasses) to hold paint water. One for clean and one for dirty water. I need to get a new pot scraper as the one I had seems to have disappeared. Happy T Day

Let's Art Journal said...

So many Spice Merchant goodies! I bet it's fun to visit 😀. Wow, that cherry syrup cocoa sounds so yummy, I'd love to try it. I hope you are feeling better and wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Take care. Hugs, Jo x

Spyder said...

There's soooo many tins of everything in this place, it's a little gold mine!Cocoa with cherries, I wonder what that tastes like!? Wishing you a fabulous week!!
((Lyn)) #13

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's great to see these syrups but unless I was having a low sugar day I would have to scurry past them - far too tempting. Sorry I am not joining you for T this week- since I had Flu last week I have a lot of catching up to do! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

I'm joining in this week with my Cork Poppers post. Not tea, but a darned tasty sipping!

Lowcarb team member said...

I always enjoy your visits to 'The Spice Merchant', they have such a wonderful range of good things to buy, or just look at!

All the best Jan