Wednesday, February 21, 2024

A way to harness light

 

I'm having a terrible time with both laser printers.  My color printer will scan, but neither will print.  I've changed paper and settings, to no avail.  Instead of printing the sentiment, I finally decided to use ransom type letters.

I fear I've been quite remiss joining Vicki of Stamped Smiles, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  For some reason, I haven't been able to come up with anything related to Keeping it Light, her theme this month.  That is, until I saw this ad in an old  Mensa magazine.   Detail shots are below.






When I finally realized neither of my laser printers was going to print, I was too upset to set up my color inkjet printer, which was still plugged in, but disconnected from the network.  I decided (since I am not fond of my handwriting) I would use ransom letters to create the sentiment.  In case you can't read it:
He discovered a way to harness light.
In the end, it would have been easier to set up my inkjet printer!!!

After cutting the image to size, I adhered it to a background of cardstock weight Stampington Artist Paper.  I hadn't intended to use the entire page, but did so in the end. 

Thanks beyond belief for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We are really grateful you stopped by.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.
 


16 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...I don't know a thing about printers, fortunating my wife does!

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you found such a good idea! I have to install all of my gadgets myself, and in the meanitime it's no problem!

DVArtist said...

Well you figured it out and it looks amazing. I am not fond of my writing either. Well, no one can read it. LOL Hope you have a nice day today.

Let's Art Journal said...

That's a magical page and I love the image that you used with the wording - perfect ❤️. Thanks for your comments on my blog; I've never used the spotlight technique before either and when I researched it, I only found cards as examples so I had to get my thinking cap on to create an art journal page rather than a card. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Printer woes. I empathize with you. I like the random cut out letters.The different fonts and weights of the letters suggest creativity to me.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your journal page Elizabeth. Idon't kknow to fix anything like computers and printers. My printer wont't print now-it goes to a documents page now instead of printing ugh
are you enjoying these warm temps too? 70's today but rain coming in tonight and toorrow

Rita said...

I don't know much about printers. Never owned a laser printer and you have two of them--wow! It is an interesting page, for sure, so I'm glad you got a picture of it. :)

Mae Travels said...

Being in Mensa evidently doesn’t create the ability to deal with laser printers. Why am I not surprised? Who designs these things?

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Sorry about the problems

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't own a printer. It keeps down the paper clutter.

My name is Erika. said...

The boy remindss me in many ways of Harry Potter. Maybe I just have him on my brain right now as I was finishing up my journal. Grin. Sorry to hear about your computers, but nice page for Vicki's challenge.

*Vicki* said...

I'm so sorry you've having problems with your printer and hope you're able to sort it out. I think what you've done for your page is brilliant! That photo of the guy is so cool! I love the reflection of the light on his glasses! It's so fun to use those cut apart letters for different fonts and colors! Glad you were able to share this wonderful inspiration for my theme at AJJ!!

Jeanie said...

I love the colors on this and the image you used. I feel your printer pain. I've been without one for months and need a new one -- this is hardly worth fixing and hard to get ink for. But spending too much on other stuff these days to add that.

Neet said...

I may be out of action for a while but I can still visit blog pages of friends.
Even though I have a computer guy sat next to me I still have problems that he cannot fix. You just have to make the best of it and i am glad to see you came up with a great page for the theme at AJJ today.
I love the green and blue 'light' background you are showing us. I wondered if it was one you had made yourself.
Hugs, Neet xxx

craftytrog said...

It's a wonderful page Elizabeth! I love the image and your ransom style wording looks great.
I'm sorry to hear about your printers, and I hope they can be fixed soon.
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Alison

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a wonderful page Elizabeth! That image is a great find and your dark and light green makes this perfect for Vicki's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx ps have you seen your email