Thursday, February 8, 2024

FFO and Friday Smiles

 

It's time for Friday Face Off, hosted by Nicole and later tonight, Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).  Although I am rather sick at the minute, I need to get these photos shown before it's too late to do so.  I have over 550 photos I need to go through.

A couple of weeks ago, I showed a few of my trees.  Mae asked if I was going to show any outdoor lights.  I don't have any outdoor lights, but I have some I took while out and about around town.



There was lots of animation at this residence.  I tried to get the Santa as he walked across the roof, but I failed to do so.


More animation that doesn't show in stills.

I shot this in passing.  I was surprised I could read it.  It is "Failures are lessons in progress."

I finally got my first face.


I'm always drawn to trees, even when there's a trash can in the photo.




This angel has a face.
Another angel, deer, and a bobble.

Here's a close up of one deer and two in the bobble.

That's it tonight.  I'll show more next week as I get the photos sorted.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

sorry you're not well, hope you feel better soon.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's lovely to see you but sorry to hear you're not feeling too good. Looks like you've got a great collection of photos here. Take care and have a nice weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

They certainly go to town on the lights around you. We only have the ones put up by the Town Hall each year. People don't decotate outside their homes at all, but maybe it is different in larger towns. I would enjoy walking (or driving) around these. They put on a good show.
I am sorry you are feeling unwell. I hope a few more days in bed will have you feeling a bit stronger. Hugs, Kate x

Tom said...

...take care and be well soon.

Gene Black said...

Fun photos. I really like the angel with the trumpet.

Annie said...

What a lot of pretty lights. So sorry to hear you're not well...hope you get well soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

My name is Erika. said...

Those are great Christmas lights Elizabeth. Even in July they would be great to see, but in the dark days of winter, the colors and light are always fun to see. And they might be a great AJJ page idea for Vicki's challenge. Thanks for the inspiration. hugs-Erika

da tabbies o trout towne said...

nice decor around your town elizabeth ! no one around here does much anymore

and wavez two ewe bleu and squiggles , hope ewe doodz R well 🐟💙😺‼️

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nothing is so cheery as Christmas lights shining in the night!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, wow that is allot of photos to go through-enjoyed the christmas lights-thanks for sharing-Happy Friday

Mae Travels said...

Several of our neighbors continue to turn on their Christmas lights every evening. You have quite a challenge to catch up with all the photos you have been taking. I’m glad you finally got to the lights — by now, I forgot that I had asked the question.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lisca said...

It's lovely to see all the pretty lights. (But they must all have sky-high electricity bills!)
I'm sorry to hear you are unwell again. I do hope you get better soon. It's not been a good winter for you so far, has it?
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

Christmas lights are so festive. I love the house that had the animated Santa on the roof the best. I look at all of these lights and wonder how much was the electricity bill? 😺

Christine said...

Very pretty!

DVArtist said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. You did a fabulous job of showing such beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing them with FFO. I do love the angel. Hope you feel better soon.

Rita said...

Hope you feel better soon.
Christmas lights are always cheery! :)

Jeanie said...

I love neighborhoods that do Christmas lights. These are pretty.

Meanwhile, here's hoping your are feeling much better by the time you read this, as I'm so late commenting!