Monday, December 4, 2023

T Stands For Spice Merchant pt. 9: Puzzles

I've returned to the Spice Merchant so I can get my "free" monthly pound of coffee.  Of course, while there, I had a destination in mind.

Both Lisca and Erika wanted a closer look at the puzzles that were peeking through the shelves during a prior visit.  These are all animals.  One of Henry's cousins is also a puzzle.

These are mostly round puzzles.  Note The Starry Night that Valerie loves to draw.

A closer look at the round puzzles.  Oh look, Lisca, Wines of Spain.

Puzzles in containers of various sizes and shapes.

Puzzles from 100 to 1000 pieces allow you to take your pick.

I hope a few of these would interest the puzzle lover.  I want the pop art coffee.

I couldn't take it in all at once.

Here's what I missed before.

As I was heading for the register, I stumbled upon Santa and Mrs. Clause.

There was also Frosty the snowman, Christmas gnomes, poinsettias, and cardinals.

It's definitely a sign of the times.

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.





 

29 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...they are too puzzling for me.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, what is pop art coffee, the mind boggles. And the starry night puzzle looks fun, must see if I can get one. Happy T Day, I am off to bed now! Hugs.

DVArtist said...

Oh I could see you doing the pop art coffee puzzle. Mr. M. and I have a puzzle going all winter. We finish one and start on another. We would both love to see these IRT. I have said it before and I will say it again. I so wish we had a store like this where I live. It is fabulous and each time you go you show us something new that's there. Thanks Elizabeth. Have a great evening.

Lisca said...

oh, I'm in puzzle heaven! Yes, the wines of Spain! (I still have to frame that one). But I have noticed mostly smaller puzzles. Where here people normally do 1000 pieces and occasionally 1500 pieces, I spotted a lot of 500 piece puzzles.They seem to be more popular where you are. But thanks for showing me all those lovely puzzles. I wish I lived nearer....
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

Those puzzles look fun, but some of them look tricky. Like one of the flower ones and that one of the universe. You'd need patience to do those. I love the idea of round ones too. They have some beauties. And of course, those Christmas mugs are lots of fun for the season. If you wanted a holiday mug you'd have a nice selection to choose from. This is a fun post. Happy T day my friend. Hugs-Erika

Cloudia said...

I could browse there for quite some time I'm sure. Thanks for sharing. Aloha, happy t day!

Christine said...

Fun puzzles

Carola Bartz said...

They do have a great selection of puzzles there. Every now and then I like to do a puzzle, but not very often. They always take up so much space! Thank you for hosting T Tuesday, Elizabeth, and have a wonderful day.

CJ Kennedy said...

This store just keeps getting better and better. Happy T Day

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope I now have the correct link, my brain is a bit fuzzy just now. Sorry!

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh, Henry! And Ingo sure would love the Astrophotography one! Dangerous store!
As I don´t have much space I enjoy these puzzles.
If I ever manage to visit you... promise we do not go there! ;-)

Elephant's Child said...

Happy T Day. I don't do puzzles though the other human household resident does - and was infuriated when Odie took off with a puzzle piece.

Rostrose said...

Oh, that's really a variety of puzzles, dear Elizabeth! I've never seen round puzzles before, they look very interesting to me. I also think the Santa and Mrs. Claus mugs are particularly nice and pretty!
Happy T-Day!
(And yes, the mural in my post looks scary - but very artistic... Thank you for your comment! I like your mural, too and hope you will find some more to share!)
All the best and a happy new week!
Hugs Traude
🥁🧸🍸🕯️☕🧸🍸☕🕯️🧸🥁

Spyder said...

oh my golly gosh!! I love all the mugs. I would definitely have to have the father Christmas one at the top with the greying beard and then the Gnome one and of course that lovely snowman with a hat!! Love them! I'm early( for me!0 Happy T Day! ((Lyn))

kathyinozarks said...

I would really love to visit this store-so much to look at there. Happy T

Mae Travels said...

Our spice shop doesn’t have all the gift items, just spice and tea, but it’s in a building with quite a few shops that have similar things — grown-up’s toys, kitchen gadgets, oil and vinegar, and the like. You are making me think I should take a few more photos there. I hope you bought something fun.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

The Spice Merchant is the gift that keeps on giving!

I'm trying commenting on my phone to see if I can keep up better that way. We shall see...

Happy T Tuesday!

Rita said...

Those puzzles look like really good ones that would take a while.
Don't often see Mrs. Clause mugs! :)

Kate Yetter said...

I am not a puzzler lover, but my hubby is. I haven't the patience, unfortunately. But I do enjoy finding ones for him to complete.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Violetta said...

Oh so many puzzles at the spice merchant? They seem to have a lot of different products in the store. When I was young I loved puzzles....but if you have up to 1000 pieces than there is often a lack of space to place these pieces.
And I would also prefer a monthly free coffee-pound.
All the best
Violetta

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! Puzzle heaven - I have a few still to do but I can see one or two (make that a dozen!) that I would love! The Christmas mugs all look great! Hope you a feeling a little better, hugs, Chrisx

Amila said...

Oh! A lot of puzzles! I love those and I know I can solve with my son. These are great.And, lovely Christmas mugs too.
Happy T Tuesday!

Empire of the Cat said...

How to get a "free" pound of coffee? Sounds very handy. Happy T Day! Elle xx

Mode und Lifestyleblog Tinaspinkfriday said...

Rostrose send me to participate ☺️ This christmas mugs are amazing

Violetta said...

And what I forgot to mention: Happy T-day everybody
Violetta

peppylady (Dora) said...

My parents and my moms siblings liked to do puzzles.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a wonderful selection of puzzles.
I like the mugs too, lots to choose from.

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

I miss you! I'm glad things seem to be getting back to normal in your world [hug]

Debra said...

I loved seeing the beautiful puzzles. I would enjoy browsing in that store. I hope you are well. Stay warm with the kitties!