Monday, December 11, 2023

T Stands For Happy Mail and tea infusers

 

It's T time and we are in my dining area today.  You can see my Christmas trees are out for another year.

I'm celebrating with very happy mail.
 
Also on the table are some tea infusers or tea balls.

Here's a card from my dear friend RO! and one from San Fransisco.

Two forever postage stamps,

both upside down!! (EDIT:I will look on USPS after I publish this, because I have spent five hours trying to upload this post).  The one on the right is a tulip.

  There are multiple stamps.
 
This incredibly beautiful card
 
has many layers to it, including a rocking horse!!!

This gem came to me from Jan,

whose blog is Crafty Scorpio.  Thank you so much Jan.  That rocking horse is a real winner!!!  You are so thoughtful.

RO! sent a lovely Thanksgiving card.  It has loads of glitter you can't really see in the photo.

This is a beautiful and heartfelt wish.  Thanks beyond belief, RO!  RO! also sent a Christmas card, but on the way to the table, I lost it.  I'm sure I'll find it as soon as I download these images.
 
EDIT: I didn't want Valerie reminding me I was late, so I skipped the tea infusers/balls.   Five hours to get these few photos on the blog.

Tea infusers and tea balls are useful when you have loose leaf tea. I have several, some of which I have shown in the past.  I also have my newest PBS mug on my table and it has black tea in it, but it's hard to see. 

The large ball on the back left belonged to my very British grandmother, although I never saw her drink tea.

This one has multiple parts.

True to form, as soon as I had everything put away, I found the card RO! sent me.  I'd even washed and dried the mug.

Here is the postage stamp also upside down.  It was first issued in 2021.  I looked for it and the other one from RO!, but couldn't find them.  They must be out of print.  I wonder if they are Endangered Species stamps.  If anyone knows. please let me know.

What an adorable snowman.  I love it and the little red bird, too.

What a fabulous and thoughtful card, dear RO!  I think of you a lot, too.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.






 

28 thoughtful remarks:

Cloudia said...

Thank you for sharing your engaging interests with us; and of course this fun Link up party! Am always alert for "drink" shots! Aloha

Tom said...

...snail mail is a delight!

Jeanie said...

What a fun collection of infusers and I love your tabletop tree! It's so cheery! Nothing better than snail mail!

My name is Erika. said...

I actually had to go buy an infuser about 6 months ago because I couldn't find mine. You have a nice little collection. And your snail mail must have put a smile on your face. It's always fun to get envelopes that aren't junk or bills. :) Hope you're feeling better, and had a great start of the new week. Happy T day too. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

I have a tea ball like the one from your grandmother. I think it belonged to my mother, or in any case it’s like hers. I love the fanciful ones that are shaped like fish, whales, or scuba divers. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season, along with all the cards.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

You received some beautiful mail, Elizabeth! The rocking horse card is amazing. I hope all of this has helped you to feel better. Your Christmas tree, by the way, is so pretty - the prettiest "artificial" Christmas tree I have seen so far. Wishing you a lovely T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'll be back tomorrow to link up, but I've been keeping an eye out for you and am sooo happy to see you. We have 3 tea infusers -one a metal ball, one a plastic-framed barrel shaped thing, and one a that has a handle meant to be used in a single cup- and here I am having not had loose tea in _years_.

Sandra Cox said...

Lots of goodies today. Love the tulip stamps.
I really miss having Ro on the blogging circuit.
Hope you're well.

DVArtist said...

You get such lovely mail. I do like the flower stamps very much. Also the tea paraphernalia. Ohhh did you see the Chief's game and the melt down Mahomes had? Hey Toney was off sides. But the play was brilliant. Sorry about your kitties. Hope all is well now. Thank you for sharing your lovely things.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such wonderful mail and who knew there were so many kinds of tea infusers. Happy T Day

kathyinozarks said...

Enjoy your happy mail, and I loveeee all of your tea infusers-special collection
Hugs from the Lake Kathy

Elephant's Child said...

Your happy mail is gorgeous - and hooray for tea infusers.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Elizabeth. I speak (too much?) of East and West Germany and you even have a dining area!
LOL. I had to ask my friend to sit on the swing as there is no other space but... aw, well!
I have never been in America. But I reckon you have much more space than we do. An area for dining sounds so wonderful.
And that Christmas tree is so cute!
And all the happy mail!!!
Reminds me of the mail I got. Have to pay yet another bill for heating our place up.
So: Thank you for sharing yours, that made me happy! :-)
To a great T-Day!

Lisca said...

How are your kitties? I assume all is well as you don’t mention them. No news is good news in my book.
And how are you? I do hope you are feeling better.
I love the tea infusers. I think I have one too somewhere. I don’t use them but I do buy special paper tea bags to fill with my favourite loose tea. ( of which I have a lot).
Lots of happy mail. Lovely cards and wishes and beautiful stamps. The wildlife stamp comes from a series of beaver stamp. I remember featuring them in one of my blog. I’ll see if I can find more info and I’ll add it to my blog.
Happy T-Day dear Elizabeth,
Lisca

Lisca said...

I just looked up your wildlife stamp. It is an otter (not beaver)
I’ll copy the link for you:
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2021/1012-otters-in-snow-stamps-add-a-playful-touch-to-mail.htm

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, you have received truly wonderful mail with pretty stamps! I'm very happy for you. The rocking horse on the card is perfect, isn't it?
Hopefully the technical problems will stop soon!
Happy t-Day, dear friend!
All the best and have a nice week, Traude
☕🧸🍷🕯️☃️📚🕯️
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/12/osterreichische-nationalbibliothek.html

Valerie-Jael said...

The wicked Valerie who dared to complain that you were late is still ill in bed with Post Covid and is not joining in this week. I haven't got the energy to visit everyone! Have fun!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu N squiggles…we gotta quik free wi fi minit two say HI two day
hope all iz well N yur bee in good while waitin on de dood in red witha
beerd 🎅🏻😺🎄‼️🐟💚

jinxxxygirl said...

What lovely cards AND stamps from Ro and Jan! I have never used a tea ball in all my life.. always tea bags... I may have to try some loose leaf tea one day... Happy T day! Love your Happy little trees! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

Kitchen Gadget: a tool that makes a kitchen task easier or that adds a fun look to the kitchen. Like Bjorn, my new spoon rest/pot lid steam releaser. Tea infusers shaped like cats. A friend just told me she got a tool to make the X in chestnuts before roasting them! Does that help?

Rita said...

Beautiful card--perfect for you!
Hapy mail is the best! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely seeing your tea infusers and what wonderful happy mail :)

All the best Jan

Violetta said...

You are ready for tea time and christmas. And you recieved very nice cards with this wishes. Happy T-day and a good time
Violetta

Spyder said...

There's lots of cardboard Christmas trees about this year that shops are using to advertise their goodies. I've even seen a blow-up one, I was tihnking when I saw yours , that it would be soooo much better than having all the mess I have to clear up after getting up into the attic and bringing things (or throwing things down, only two broken baubles!) So! Next year dear Elizabeth, I'll be looking out for one like yours! Love it! Loving the cards too! Hugs ((Lyn))

Sandra Cox said...

Ya just can't beat happy mail:)
How are you doing, dear Elizabeth?

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm sorry it's taken till now to get here - having a busy few days! Tony sometimes uses a tea infuser. Lovely surprise mail. I hope youe are feeling a little better now and on the road to being well again, hugs, Chrisx

Barwitzki said...

So that's really something really great... your fir tree construction is GREAT.
Tea time is always good :-)) I also take loose tea with a strainer to hang in the cup.
You know, you've really inspired me to write cards... so nice when one is in the mailbox... if you like - blog@barwitzki.de - I'll send you one, not homemade... but from the happy heart.
A happy greeting to you from Viola

Nancy said...

What a sweet tree! Your new mug looks sturdy and un-tippable to enjoy your drink. And lots of fun mail, too. The rocking horse card has a wonderful shadow box feel.