Monday, October 23, 2023

T Stands For Spice Merchant, part 4

 

It's time to head back to the Spice merchant where I have a few mugs for you.  But first, I want to wish Kathy in Ozarks a happy birthday on Tuesday.

Here are a few more mugs to tempt you.  Certainly not me, but maybe you'll see something you like.  Do I see a Smiley Face?


A few mugs the next row of shelves over.

When I enlarged the cat and dog mugs, I wondered why one was more expensive than the rest.  I finally realized the large one on the left was larger.

I love the cute avocado.

Sloths and hedgehog, but still no bunnies.  I'll be on the lookout for bunnies, but I bet they won't come out till about Easter time.

When I finally made it back to where I get my free pound of coffee every month, I saw they were roasting beans.

I wish I had gotten a view of the entire operation.

Roasting up close.  The "green" beans which you start with are tumbled in this part of the process.

Now you've seen the start of the roasting process at Spice Merchant, as well as a few mugs, it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. I cannot emphasize that enough, ladies.




You might want to start thinking about your Second on the 2nd.  Details next week, in case you don't know what I'm talking about.


25 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I think I would spend too much at that shop!My great uncle Sammy hat a shop where he blended and roasted coffee, and I drank coffee there when I was a little girl, and he always said my coffee had to be our secret! The coffee was roasted in little copper pans. Now you know l got hooked from the age of 3!

Mae Travels said...

I have forgotten why you are gifted a pound of coffee each month. That sounds lovely, especially if it's just been roasted. We have several coffee roasters nearby and I love it when it's fresh out of the roaster -- even though they say you should let it wait a bit.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elephant's Child said...

I would love to wander through that shop - and I am sure it smells delicious too.

Tom said...

...their selection looks like they came from China, I'll pass.

Christine said...

Fun mugs!

Carola Bartz said...

That sloth mug did it for me - that's just something I might buy. Good thing that this store is not anywhere near me. I could go there only without any cash or credit card. Happy T day, dear Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

Cloudia said...

Dang, a cool place! Thanks for the birthday tip. I'll send good wishes!
Aloha

Kate Yetter said...

We don't have a Spice Merchant near us but I will be on the lookout for one when we travel. Loving that cute avocado!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Those Sesame Street faces certainly look like they're smiling. And the Avocado has a smile. There's an owl mug on the right of it that i actually have. :) It's fun to see a mug I have. They certainly have a huge selection. And the coffee roaster looks like quite a contraption. I hope you have a lovely T day. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhhh, Elmo!!!
Ingo and I in Coolgardie (Western Australia) were the only adults without kids in the Movie "The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland.
Ernie fearful at the beginning asks Bert, "Bert, have you ever seen a movie with a bad ending?" - Bert: Titanic."
A great movie!!!!
Oh, would I love that mug (I have a shopping bag with Elmo a friend presented me with).
An avo! How cute is that! And a sloth, thank goodness this shop is faaaar away from me!
Happy T-Day to you!

Amila said...

wow! So many cute mugs! I love the bunny mug. This post about the spice merchant visit is fascinating, and the pictures are lovely. It's always fun exploring unique shops. Thanks for sharing your adventure! Happy T Tuesday!

Lisca said...

Great to see such lovely mugs. As you can see, I have been inspired by your posts and have showed some bowls and stuff.
Very interesting to see the coffee roasting. I bet that smelt divine!
Happy T Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
the avocado and the hedgehog are really adorable - but if I had the choice, I would have bought the cute sloth because of the beautiful memories of our Costa Rica days ❤️❤️❤️
All the best and happy T-Day, Traude
🍁🌻🍂 🌻🍁
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/10/nochmal-wien-kurpark-oberlaa-ein-paar.html

Nancy said...

It must smell wonderful when they are roasting the coffee beans! It would take me a long time to look over all those mugs. I like the avocado, too.

CJ Kennedy said...

So many fun mugs. One of my favorite things to do as a kid, was to stand by the coffee grinding machine when my parents shopped at the A & P Store. I love the smell of freshly ground coffee beans, but do not like the taste of coffee. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

Cute mugs, but I'm not tempted by large mugs. I prefer little ones, more espresso-sized or something 6-oz or so. It gets cold since I don't drink it fast enough.

I imagine the coffee grinding smell is wonderful! Happy T Tuesday

Violetta said...

Such beautiful and cute mugs dear Elizabeth. The coffee or tea in it will taste finer I think. And fresh grated coffee -oh I like it specifically.
All the best and a good time
Violetta
https://naturpurfotos.blogspot.com/2023/10/korsika-die-reise-teil-3.html

Sandra Cox said...

I would love to visit that store:)

Caty said...

Happy T-day dear Elizabeth ! Oohhh I loove all these cups jaja, big or little.. they are so beautiful. The avocado cup is very funny, as the owl behind it. It´s interesting to see the machine for roasting beans of coffee.
I hope you are feeling better today.
I wish you a great Wednesday, and send big hugs
Caty

Romance Reader said...

This sounds like a shop I would love to browse!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! So happy to be going back to the Spice Merchant! Love these mugs, although I don't find huge mugs a great temptation, regular mug size are just fine and there certainly seems to be enough choice! Once again my main computer refused me access to your blog.....blogger huh!? Hugs, Chrisx

Rita said...

I love the smell of coffee in a roasting shop!

Romance Book Haven said...

Ohhh. Coffee! Love it!

DVArtist said...

Wow! Everytime you post about this place makes me want to go right over there. Thanks for showing us all of the goodies they have there.

Let's Art Journal said...

Another fabulous trip to the spice merchant! There is so much to see, I would have been in there all day 😊. Hope you're having a good week and sending you hugs, Jo xx ❤️