Monday, October 2, 2023

Second on the 2nd: Can you hear me now?

 

If your Second on the 2nd and your T Stands For Tuesday posts are the same, please add your link to both.  This post is for Second on the 2nd only.

As most of you know, whenever possible, I like my Second Look to somehow reflect what our current host at Art Journal Journey is featuring.  I seem to be shamefully lacking in anything gear related.  Here is my take on something similar to gears.  It was published on April 22, 2017 and this is the relevant part of 

Can you hear me now?

For this assemblage, I started with a book cover and some used tissue paper.  I deconstructed an old cordless phone and used the "motherboard" as the main assembly.  I added the speaker from the same phone, along with some beads and baubles I either assembled, or used to add interest to this assemblage.   For the hanger, I used a colorful deconstructed telephone wire.  I used a stencil to write all the words on the scrap deli paper.  Details are below.

 


I've shown you mine, now it's your turn to share your own Second on the 2nd. The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.   

 

 

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

What an ingenious creation. Love it.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a cool assemblage. I like the old electronics board you used. It has great color. And what is the black piece under the angel. It looks like an earplug. Is it? I don't know this piece so it's great to see it. Have a great Monday. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...I'm told that I have selective hearing.

Christine said...

Creative art!

CJ Kennedy said...

So fun. I love how you positioned the cherub to hold the device.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your fun piece, great idea. I hope I can join in again next time, at the moment everything is too much for me! Sorry! Hugs, Valerie

Empire of the Cat said...

Happy Second on the Second Elizabeth. Love the cherub holding the photo innards and how you used the telephone wire as the hanger. ~ Elle

Darla said...

Great mixed media piece. I like the title very much as well.

Rita said...

That's close enough for gears--lol! :)

Jeanie said...

This is a very pretty piece, Elizabeth. I like it. A lot!

craftytrog said...

A fabulous piece of art Elizabeth!