Tuesday, September 26, 2023

What's On Your Workdesk this 747th Wednesday?

 

Before we begin, if you are a blogspot blogger, I am getting a TON of "Failed to Publish" notices.  If you don't hear from me for awhile, it's because blogger refuses to publish my comments to you.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, either.

Last week I mentioned that I wasn't feeling well.  The truth is, I received some surprise mail but before I could photograph it, I decided to pull a box down from the top shelf of my guest bedroom closet.  I slipped on the second rung of the step stool and fell on my not so padded padding (bottom and right side).  I knew there was no way I could sit and visit all the deskers.   I could only sit for a few minutes at a time.  In order to get the box down, I will need a tall man on a step stool.

I have rework on my table tonight.  I broke one of the connections that fits onto the 9V battery, so I hope to put my soldering skills to work and repair it.  If not, I may have to buy a new scale.

As for the rocking horse of the week, I have this cast iron door stop.

It's definitely hard to get a side view.

With all the crap stuff in the background, it's a bit hard to see this side.  Still, I love this cast iron door stop.

Now let's head over to Julia's and snoop, enable, exchange storage tips, and share in the friendship and fellowship that only WOYWW can provide.
 
BTW, can some of you stampers who use clear acrylic stamps tell me how I am supposed to reattach the plastic to the top and bottom of the stamps after I have used them?  Washing the stamps and plastic in dish soap didn't help, something suggested by my neighbor who is a SU rep.  And how do you know if they are acrylic or photopolymer?  Personally, I prefer red rubber, but I have been given several clear stamps.


33 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry you fell. Last time I did that I broke my foot...
Cute rocking horse. Have a nice day :-)

BJ said...

Oh my goodness, are you OK now or still sore? Everyone could do with a tall man now and again methinks. Hope you manage to sort the battery connector, my hubby fixes most things like that in this house (he's not so tall btw). Bet the cast iron doorstop is mighty heavy too. Take care BJ#1

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry you fell and hope you are feeling MUCH better. Love that door stop.

Helen said...

oh my, take care! hope the pain has eased and you get someone to get the box down for you. Love the door step rocker. Happy WOYWW Helen #5

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you have recovered soon Elizabeth sounds a nasty injury. Fab rocking horse. I tend to let my stamps air dry after a wash - rinse off any soap really well and then they reattach to the acrylic blocks easily. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh Elizabeth! I do hope you're okay, it can happen to anyone it's so easy to lose your footing. Hope it's not too painful now. Loving your rocking horse today and hope you can get the scales fixed too. Wishing you a happy creative woyww, I hope! Hugs, Angela x14x

Marit said...

Oh my... sorry to hear you hurt your bottom & back... hope it heals quickly! That doorstop is lovely, it's a long time since I visited the woyww-blogs and I'm glad some things never change and I get to see a horse in your post! Big hug from the Netherlands, Marit #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh blimey, I’m so sorry you fell, it really shakes you up doesn’t it? I hope that your bashes and bruises have subsided now and you can move a little easier. Love the cast iron rocker, bet that’s heavy!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Christine said...

Thank goodness you didn't break anything . . . in you body I mean.
Love the rocking horse, . . a doorstop . . . what a brilliant idea.
With regard to stamps, I can't tell the difference and just use the top and bottom cellophane to protect the stamp . . . sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't lol
Have a good week
Christine #20
BTW If you find that tall man, send him round here . . . us shorthouses have to stick together . . . . and share!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I get those “failed to publish” notices too. Don’t you long for the days when Blogger worked so seamlessly?

Neet said...

Sorry to hear the reason for your absence last week - hope you are feeling much better as time goes on.
Well, I am a blogspotter so will let you know after Sunday how things are on my blog (wink wink)
Love the cast iron rocker - what a beauty, do you keep him/her on display with the others or do you actually keep hi/her on the floor?
Well, I don't know the difference, just call them 'clear stamps' and I am with your SU lady - just soap and water, but I pat dry as I like to put them back straight away or I will lose them. Perhaps save some of the cellophane bags you get with stuff and keep them in their original backing but inside a bag?
Hugs to all
Neet xxx

My name is Erika. said...

Good luck reattaching some of those clear stamps. I usually take an envelope and put the whole set in there because some of them do not want to be reattached. You can also take different plastic sheets, sometimes the ones for unmounted stamps that you added the foam to the back of-those thick white sheets work. Nice doorstop too, and I hope your soreness is gone. hugs-Erika

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Elizabeth, so sorry about your accident - could happen to any of us. It's a standing joke in my family that I always dish out safety warnings for everyone to be careful and I'm the one who ends up falling down the stairs, falling off my bike, twisting my ankle, etc. It's ironic, really, so I'll spare you the "be careful" safety advice LOL! Hope you have recovered by now. Have fun with the rocking horse, whatever you're planning to do with it and enjoy your week! xx zsuzsa #22

Crafting With Jack said...

Well I can’t help with telling the difference, but I can tell the top sheet usually sits on top and I find the stamps stick well to laminated card or the stamp organiser pages you can buy. Your cast iron rocking horse is unusual, I love it! Hope you aches and pains go away soon. Happy WOYWW Angela #2

Mae Travels said...

The cast-iron rocking horse is neat looking. You have quite a collection.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...keep on rocking!

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry about your fall, Elizabeth, and hope things feel better soon. That cast iron rocking horse is a nice one. Wht a great door stop!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi again Elizabeth! Just popping back to say thank you for your lovely comment - it has successfully published! Yes, I hope Oreo is going to be one of those cats who live for 20 years! He's got everything going for him, so he might as well stick around! xx

Annie said...

I had a visit from that big sister of mine this morning...checking up on me :-)... hence why I'm late commenting.
Sorry to hear you're suffering too this week....lets hope we are both feeling better by next week.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Lynnecrafts said...

So sorry to hear you fell and hurt yourself. I hope you feel better soon. I’m getting a lot of those failed to publish errors too. Love your rocking horse.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12x

Rita said...

So sorry about your fall!
I like the black doorstop rocking horse. :)

I guess I've never even thought about both pieces of plastic sticking. Mine always seem to stick just fine to the side that would stick to the acrylic block and that's the important side. Some top pieces stick and some don't. I think eventually it would be nice to have separate clear envelopes for them that I see other crafters have a lot on videos, but mine are just fine stacked up together...whether they have a top piece or not.

Oh, and I do think there are different recipes for the types of acrylics they use because the stickiness and texture and resiliency of them varies a lot. Just as I found differences in the rubber stamps we used for years and years. I love the clear stamps because they take up so much less room and you can see where you are stamping. :)

Empire of the Cat said...

Sorry you fell off the stool, hope you recover soon. As for the stamps the photopolymer stamps are usually better quality than the other silicon/acrylic clear stamps. They will be firmer and stamp better, the others will be softer and maybe squishy when stamping so not giving good impressions. Most of the ones coming from China are like this. For cleaning, use washing up liquid and water and leave to air dry. If they still don't stick, try wiping them with rubbing alcohol and try again. If they are the cheaper stamps, they might not stick because of what they are made of. HTH

Nancy said...

Sorry about your fall and being laid up for a bit after. Those things happen in the blink of an eye! Feel better soon.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you had a fall. I fell and hurt my knees, need to go for x-rays tomorrow. I never wash my stamps! Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Sorry to hear you took a spill. Hope you're feeling better. I love your rocking horse collection. The doorstop is a beauty as well as functional.

Christine said...

Sorry you fell.

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, I hope your health gets better soon - I'm sorry you hurt yourself...
The rocking horse is beautiful - what a great doorstop!
Thanks for your nice comment on my latest post! I know the translation programs are sometimes very stupid, and I admire and thank you for reading my long posts in translation. So I'm sending you a little correction - our friends didn't make that lovely looking Austrian bread, it was my husband - and he's damn proud of it :-DD. We did a bread baking course a few years ago (just before the pandemic) and he has been an avid bread baker ever since. (Not me. I can bake quick breads, but these Austrian classics with yeast and sourdough are a bit laborious, only HE bakes them...)
All the best and hugs, Traude
🍁🌾🌻🪶🍂 🪶🌻🌾🍁

mvmaithai said...

So sorry to hear about your fall. A friend of mine fell and broke a leg which required surgery. Probably the worst summer of his life.
Love your cast iron door stop!
Take care.

Twiglet said...

Oh bless you, that sounds a nasty bump. Take it easy and let the bruising heal. Your iron doorstop horse is fab. So useful too . x x Jo

Camilla Fisher said...

Love the rocking horse door stop.

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope your soreness passes soon. Falls are scary and can take so long to recover from.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Take care. Rest, restore, renew, and heal well!

Tracy said...

Oh no Elizabeth,I'm so sorry you took a tumble ... sending up feel better wishes ⭐️ I hope the pain is easing and you're healing ... if I lived closer I'd bring my step round to help you out! So many beautiful rocking horses you have,this wee one is beautiful 🐎 I hope you managed to fix yoyr scales 😉 Sending gentle hugs with much love and hugs Tracy #19
P.S thank you so much for stopping by 😊 Happy to say Kane arrived safely on Friday in Japan ✈️ a very relieved mum and pops we are,he is loooving it 💖 his girlfriend arrived from France a few hours after him so now we can breathe easy they're both safe and together 😘💕