Saturday, September 2, 2023

Second on the 2nd: Cat collage

 

I created this collage in March, 2008.  It was from a larger set of collages.

   The background is made from scraps of paper, all of which were mounted on butcher paper, then cut to size. The cat is from an old (2002) Humane Society desk calendar from which I've been getting a lot of images. I outlined the cat using a black Zig pen.

I've been saving this quote because it is so like Bleubeard. I couldn't resist using it, and knew it was fate when Bleubeard jumped up in my lap as I was looking at the completed page. He normally doesn't allow me to photograph him, but I got two really good shots of his face, one of which is now my blog banner (and has been since 2008).  

EDIT: In case you need a translation:

Most cats, when they are out want to be in and vise versa and often simultaneously. 

________________________________________________________________

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  Please be aware this link is only good until Monday at 4:00 p.m. my time.





12 thoughtful remarks:

Lisca said...

I don’t know that much about cats, but this is a truth I do know about cats, and it makes me smile.
(I’m still in Rotterdam looking after my mum)
Hugs,
Lisca

Elephant's Child said...

I have always admired your Bleubeard banner.
And yes, that is a truth about cats.

kwarkito said...

yes, it's a good description of how cats behave. I like your collage

CJ Kennedy said...

Delightful. The expression on the kitty's face is exactly the one Calli gives if the door isn't opened quickly enough to suit her. 😺

Tom said...

...cats have a mind of their own.

My name is Erika. said...

That quote is so true. This a great page, and it's fun to see something new, since in 2008 I didn't "know" you yet. I think that quote can be true about some dogs too, like Pete, who thinks he wants to go out until he is out by himself and then he wants to come in.:) Have a great start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Great collage! I always forget about the second, went hectically and randomly and first try... a cat!

Rita said...

Cat owners know the truth of this...and even some dog owners, too. :)

Jeanie said...

That quote is the story of Lizzie's life, too.

Sandra Cox said...

Love this piece. Remember the cartoon of Saint Peter standing at the pearly gates, looking down at a kitty saying, "Make up your mind:) Heh.

peppylady (Dora) said...

looks like nice Pussy Cat.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is true, about cats!