Sunday, September 24, 2023

Monday Murals: a restaurant in my neighborhood

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  

I will not be able to join Monday Murals next week, because I will be joining my fellow administrators as we welcome a new host to Art Journal Journey. 

My foodie friend Sally mentioned that was a colorful mural.  I hadn't even noticed it.

There was no place to photograph it head on, so I did what I could.

This mural was found inside a restaurant called Las Islas Marias in a strip mall at 21st Street North and Amidon (2150 N Amidon) in Wichita, Kansas (USA). The signage in white covered by the tree is Mariscos.  I believe this may be a chain.
 
If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.
 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is lovely - and looks like a mandala.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun mural, bright colours and lots of added symbols, which I couldn't see properly, but I still like it! Have a great Sunday, and thanks for the reminder for next week! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Very Mexican-like, also with the bottles.
Our Taco-Guys had one, also... sadly closed for good.

Rita said...

Looks like some form of a mandala. Very bright colors! :)

Christine said...

Very nice mural.

Tom said...

...some murals are just tough to photograph.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Sometimes you have to do the best you can!

Cloudia said...

Very Mayan or is it Aztec? Oh well, it's Mexican and beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us all! Aloha!

My name is Erika. said...

That is a pretty cool mural. I hope you share what you had to eat? Chili rellenos perhaps? hugs-Erika

Birgit said...

Love that colourful mural. Very Bohemian

Sami said...

Very colourful and of course with a Mexican flavour. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.
Will see you in 2 weeks :)

Jeanie said...

That's really beautiful, Elizabeth. A nice find.

Divers and Sundry said...

So colorful and eye-catching. Wonderful statement!