Saturday, September 23, 2023

Cats on book pages

 

I'm having a terrible time leaving comments.  I keep getting "Failed to Publish."  This is incredibly frustrating, especially when I had just left a previous one at the same blog, but on a different post.  I hope blogger lets me publish soon.  Seems the last six blogs I visited and left comments to gave me the same "Failed to Publish" message.

Bleubeard and I are joining Elle from Empire of the Cat, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her themes are Books, Cats, Tea.   We have two of the three covered today.

Bleubeard and I named this Cats on book pages.  We have detail shots, too.






Bleubeard and I had a terrible time getting my scanner and Photoshop to work together.  I had to rescan it three times because Photoshop kept shutting down.  I decided to scan this page before I added it to my Cats altered book.  I used heavy scrapbook paper for the backing, then glued the die cut book to the page.  My friend Sharon provided the open book die during one of our play dates.

The cats and other stickers came from my friend Jeanie.  BTW, the scrapbook paper was gifted me by my friend Sally, who you know from T Stands For Tuesday.

I thought these two pages went well together, partly because the scrapbook paper came from the same coordinated package.

Thanks ever so much for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are grateful you stopped by.  We also hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey with your take on Books, Cats, and/or Tea.


16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

How I love your cute cats.
I find that when I get that infuriating 'failed to publish' message temporarily changing my browser does the trick.

Iris Flavia said...

Now that sounds like bloggy-friends-teamwork :-)
And it came out great, too!
(P.S. see my comment on your last-last post, OK?).
Found out to one blogger I could indeed comment via Opera (I usually use FF, MS Edge didn´t do it, either).

Mae Travels said...

Sorry to hear that you are again having so much trouble with your computer and scanner, both for making images and then for comments! Sounds very frustrating. I sometimes get that failure-to-publish message, and then I restart the browser, but your problem may be different.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Empire of the Cat said...

Glad I'm not on blogger! Hope you get to comment on blogger blogs soon, it can be frustrating, I had problems commenting last week, and had to go away and do something else for a while and come back. I didn't notice the book shape and it was only when I read the bottom of the post about the book die that I realised. Cute kitties, love the bag of treats too. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Such cute kittens and I love the treats being called Yums.

My name is Erika. said...

What a sweet scene. It almost feels like some of those Japanese style images you see. Perhaps it is. And I am always attracted to dots, and I like the background too. OK, maybe I'm a little bit weird-smile. I hope you have a lovely weekend Elizabeth. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely ages full of pretty cats and a book! I had the same trouble with leaving comments last week, it's very annoying! Have a great weekend with your sweet kitties! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...make sure to have play time.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

so sweet the pages!
Have a good weekend, hug Elke

Jenn Jilks said...

This is adorable! I love it.
Sorry about your commenting issues. Progress, not so much!

Christine said...

Cute page. Blogger...what to do. I am having trouble leaving a comment at one blog.

Gillena Cox said...

Soooo cuteeee!!!

Happy Sunday

My Sunday Smiles linky is HERE

Much🖤love

Aimeslee Winans said...

Those kitties are really cute Elizabeth and make a pretty page.
I sure hope Blogger starts behaving again for you soon!
PSE and scanners have always been a bit flaky. And I find that every time Windows updates, it gets closer to me not being able to use my old scanner or my old Laserjet. If both of them would break down, it might be poetic justice, but I think they'll mechanically live on past me but not be able to talk to my computer anymore, lol. Hope your week goes well. xoxo

Hena Tayeb said...

Absolutely adorable!

sirkkis said...

CUTE indeed, Elizabeth !!
Have a happy new week xx

Birgit said...

I hope that didn't happen on my blog because I would not know how to help. I love these pages..so cute especially the last one.