Friday, September 22, 2023

Friday Smiles 531: Various

 

It's Friday, which means it's time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).  Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  First, I have another entry for Elle's theme at Art Journal Journey, which is Books, Cats, Tea.  

If this doesn't make you smile, very little will.  You don't have to be an animal lover to appreciate a sleeping animal, feeling safe and secure in a warm, loving home.  I have a couple of detail shots, too.



I started this in my Cats altered book.  It's a simple entry I found in a calendar about cats.  I added the pink stickers and allowed part of the book pages to show through.  I was drawn to the pink nose that reminded me of Squiggles.

Thanks beyond belief for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey with your take on Books, Cats, and/or Tea.
 
 
Last Saturday, I went to the annual Autumn and Art, the juried show held every year in September.  I took over 600 photos and need to go through them because lots contain other humans.  For once the heat was not a concern and I really enjoyed it.  It appears others had the same thought, because the event, and of course the booths, were overflowing with visitors.

This is the swag bag I received.  Sorry I didn't check to make sure these photos were legible, which, I am sad to say, are not.  I just photographed them a few minutes ago when I realized there was no time to go through all the photos.

This is a look at the swag I received, including some really cool sunglasses.

It's almost time to publish, so there will be no funnies today.

 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Awww. Napping cats steal my heart. Looking forward to seeing more from that show.

mamapez5 said...

Love the cat and love the bag, so a very happy post. How nice to get a show when you are not too hot to enjoy it. I hope you have seen my photo of a sleeping cat too but he didn't look half as comfortable as your one does.
I look forward to seeing some of the show photos next time maybe. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, that sounds like a great day out. Look forward to seeing more photos. You're so right that is a beautiful photo of the cat. It makes me so happy to see animals that are obviously happy and well looked after. If you liked the table in the hotel you are going to love the photos next week, it was like being in a museum and yes there wasn't a bit of dust in sight. Have alovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Annie said...

I love watching anything sleeping....esp little Louie this week as he's done a lot of that in my arms while he's been poorly. I'm glad you enjoyed your day out and look forward to seeing some of the photos soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a nice day out for you Elizabeth, glad you had fun! Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

Cats really do know how to nap!!
Sunds like a fun excursion. :)

My name is Erika. said...

THat is a really sweet kitty face Elizabeth. And even though I just got up, nap time sounds good to me. :) Can't wait to see the photos from the art fair. Happy start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...keep smiling.

Christine said...

Aww what a cutie

Sandra Cox said...

Over 600 photos, wow! Can't wait to see them.
Love that darling, sleeping kitty.
Happy weekend, my friend.

Empire of the Cat said...

Sleeping cats are just so cute, especially with the paw over the face, I can't resist taking photos of them. Hope you enjoyed your visit to the art fair, 600 photos is a LOT, there must have been a lot going on there. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I love sleeping cat!!! Wonderful photo with the paw!
Hug Elke

carol l mckenna said...

Oh such a precious kitty photo napping ~ great fall creation too ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Divers and Sundry said...

That cat looks so sweet napping in that pose.