Monday, September 25, 2023

A two-fer

 

I have two entries today for Elle, our host this month at Art Journal Journey Her theme is Books, Cats, and Tea. I am once again focusing on cats, because I have created these in my Cats altered book.

I created this at the first of the month, but I didn't like the shadows I got from the photo.  Eventually, I thought I would only show it and a couple others if I really needed them at the end of the month.  Then I got a brilliant idea: use my scanner.

I am SO much happier with this.  I have detail shots, too.





I had a package of matching and coordinating papers that included shapes in addition to the various papers.  These were very old from a company called Paper Pizazz.  If you are, or ever were into scrapbooking you know this is from Hot Off The Press.  These packages were 8.5 X 11 inches, where most scrapbookers prefer 12 X 12 inch.  My friend Sally (from T Stands For Tuesday) gave them to me.  She paid thousands of dollars when she got into scrapbooking and only created ONE scrapbook page that I'm aware of. I gave all the 12 x 12 paper to my friend Sharon, but she didn't want the 8.5 X 11 paper.  I was stuck with it, OR I could find a way to use it.  That is what I did.  The word Cherish was from a package of embellishments that were also gifted to me.

Although I created these several days (and several spreads) apart, I think they should be shown together today.  Again, I was most unhappy with the shadow on the page when I photographed it.

Certainly much better.  Detail shots are below.




I was going through a cat calendar when I realized that cat was in several of the photos.  It was almost too good to be true.  That's when I decided on this spread.  Again, all products were from the same as above.  This and the previous spread prove I would never, ever make a scrapbooker!  As I mentioned before, both spreads were created in my Cats altered book, which is starting to fill up nicely.

Thanks beyond belief for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are so happy you stopped by.  We also hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey with your take on Books, Cats, and/or Tea.


14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Awww. A total cutie - and cats live in the moment really, really well.

Tom said...

...cherish the moment.

My name is Erika. said...

I always liked 8x11 paper better because something about a 12x12 spread was just too big and awkward for me. But to each their own. And you can definitely cut and rearrange paper. I like purples, and wow, the scanner makes such a difference. These are perfect for Elle's challenge too. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous pages and Kitties! Have a good week, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely pages!

Empire of the Cat said...

I have never really been a scrapbooker, never really saw the point of it lol but 12 x 12 paper can be quite handy to use for other things. Making big envelopes for example, or cutting up into smaller bits. 8 x 11 makes sense since it's the same size as your US printer paper, but perhaps doesn't make for good layouts as people seem to prefer squares. Either way, paper is paper and I can always find a use for it. I would rip it up and use it for collage. I like both your cat pages today, especially with the purple paper. I always wondered why you had a scanner, now I know! The kitties in both pages are adorable, I used to have a much loved cat like the black and white one in the second page, and he was such a wonderful cat. They seem to be very sweet natured. I'm glad your book is filling up! Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

DVArtist said...

You are right these are so precious and something the cherrish. Have a great day today.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun spread. Cute kitties and Swiss dots. I think paper is paper as it can always be cut down.

Rita said...

I have never figured out how to use my scanners--lol!
Cute pages. Of course, I love cats. :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

very nice the journal pages with cats ( so sweet)
Have a happy week, hug Elke

Jenn Jilks said...

These are wonderful and made me smile!

Jeanie said...

who wouldn't cherish that fabulous face?!

nwilliams6 said...

Darling kitties, Elizabeth. This theme so fits you! Love the purple and so glad you are recycling that inherited too. Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

Sweet kitty faces :)