Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Second on the 2nd

 

As most of you know, whenever possible, I like my Second Look to somehow reflect what our current host at Art Journal Journey is featuring.  That means I had to look for something that reflected a place in the world, which Chris from Pearshapedcrafting, our host this month has chosen.

The following is from a journal spread I created for Art Journal Journey in the past.  I am sharing only the relevant information so as not to confuse you with another host or theme.   This is from January, 2021, quite recent considering my blog goes back over 17 years.  I called it simply Paris.


        One of my favorite wishes would be visiting Paris.

For the most part, 

this is vintage Paris.
 
I was intrigued by the vintage clothing, too.
 
Of course, any image of the Eiffel Tower makes me happy.

For this two page spread in my new watercolor journal, I laid down copper paint on the left side, then added vintage images of French women.  For the right side, I used a finger dauber dipped in copper paint to create a background, then added two vintage images of France, a French woman, and a current image of the Eiffel Tower.

___________

I've shown you mine, now it's your turn to share your Second on the 2nd. The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  

 

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

16 thoughtful remarks:

Lisca said...

Oo lala ! You are really on a French theme! French pastries and now Paris.
I have been to Paris a few time and I’m not a fan. On most occasions it was hot and sticky and very crowded. It’s old, but Americans love that so if ever you have the opportunity to go, by all means go, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. It’s just not for me. The are so many other beautiful cities. (Sorry Chris Pearshaped)
But I do love those fashions.
Hugs,
Lisca

Lisca said...

PS I can’t find mr Linky, so haven’t been able to link my blog yet. Im off to town to de Pilates but will check back this afternoon .
Lisca

Elephant's Child said...

I hope you can visit Paris. And indulge in their pastries too.

Iris Flavia said...

By default I would go with Lisca, but then I was only 14 when I visited Paris and only for one day (that twice back then).
But if you love it: go! :-)
Love the vintage look and colors!

CJ Kennedy said...

Even without the picture of the Eiffel Tower, the fashionable women in the doorways give it a Parisian feel.

Mae Travels said...

Paris in July just ended so it’s fun t hat you are extending this interlude in travel and to some extent nostalgia for a beloved era in the CIty of Light! I think everyone has a personal impression about what Paris really is, depending on things like the vast number of magazine articles, movies, books, famous painters, and even food writings. One person thinks of up to the minute fashion, another thinks vintage. One person thinks of the Belle Epoch, another of some absolutely current vision. I’m enjoying your scenes.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...thanks for the brief trip to Paris.

Linda said...

A lovely post.

Sandra Cox said...

Looking at the journal pieces, I can hear french music playing in my head and have fantasies of coffee and pastries while sitting at an outside cafe.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great look-back and very fitting for Chris' challenge. Sorry, can't join in this time, I needed to rest today. Hugs!

Caty said...

Wonderful spread page Elizbeth ! I love the beautiful background you have created, and the lovely vintage images, of course the Eiffel tower is the queen of Paris. Great your Art.
I wish you a very nice Thursday and send big hugs from Hot Almería (smile)
Caty

Christine said...

Lovely page! I hope you get to Paris one day!

My name is Erika. said...

I like this repost. The pink dotty/splattery background is great, as are your images. You found some interesting images too. It's also a good way to remind everyone about Chris' challenge. Thanks for hosting this challenge too. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I love your interpretation of Paris. It certainly captures the Paris I know! (I sent you an email (several -- with stamp pix. Let me know!)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I was hoping to join in this month but events overtook once again. You know I love this and thanks for the reminder about my theme at AJJ. Noting some comments - I agree that there are other beautiful cities in the world, but Paris is one of the most accessible and knowing our way around counts for a lot too! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful Parisian page!