Monday, June 26, 2023

T Stands For Egg Crate Cafe

 

Just 10 minutes before this post was scheduled to go live, my friend Joseph talked me into visiting Emergency Care.  Maybe someone can tell me what is wrong with my shoulder, arm, and hand, as well as why I can't keep any food down without it coming back up or the other dreaded result.  Some really different symptoms that I suspect no one has seen like that today.  I promise to visit after my visit to Emergency Care.

It's T Tuesday, and I'm happy to be out and about.

A few months ago, my foodie friend Sally and I went to a restaurant I've never heard of.

It is called Egg Crate Cafe and is open for breakfast and lunch only.

This was their breakfast menu.  With egg prices going higher by the day, I wonder if these prices are still good.  Seems I didn't get all the drinks in the photo. 

This was their lunch menu.  I was in the mood for breakfast, though.  I ordered a specialty veggie omelet.  

While waiting for our food, I took a few photos.  This was in the foyer as you walked in.  Sunflowers for Kansas and sunflowers for Ukraine.

This was on the opposite wall, but I couldn't get everything in a single shot.

Inside, I noticed these on the wall.

Since we were the only two people in the restaurant, I was able to get a good straight shot.  LOVE the rusty look!  I believe that time is correct.

As I took this photo, the waitress brought our food.

This is Sally's omelet.  You can see our water glasses on the table, too.  Mine had lemon.

I think Sally got meat, possibly bacon with her omelet.
 
And this is the veggie omelet I ordered.  I had my choice of four veggies and one cheese.  I also got fried potatoes (with onions) and rye toast.

You've seen mine, now it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year, as this post proves.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.
 

 

It's also time to find your second look on the 2nd.  It can be any genre, any length, as long as it has been published sometime in the past.

 

29 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm glad to hear that your friend had the good sense to take you to emergency care, and I very much hope that they can help you. The egg crate restaurant looks a fun place to be, I am sure Sally always knows where to get food! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I hope all went well at Urgent Care. I love going out for breakfast. This looks like a great place. Love the décor. Happy T Day

Tom said...

...I love eggs and breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Urgent Care has never worked for me, I still had to go to my doctor. Let's hope that you medical mystery is solved soon. Take care and be well.

Divers and Sundry said...

I want an in-restaurant breakfast. That looks delicious.

I hope you get answers from the dr.

Tomorrow is actual moving day. How we've managed to accumulate so much living apart is strange. It makes re-combining everything like working a puzzle. We'll be navigating the maze of boxes for a while, but I hope to be back in the blogging community soon. I miss everybody.

Lydia C. Lee said...

I'm not sure I've done it right (link up topic) but those potatoes look fabulous!

Mae Travels said...

Good luck with urgent care! I hope that you don't have to wait too long, and then that they can help you with your problems.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

Thinking of you and hoping all went well at Urgent Care.

The omelette you had looks great.

All the best Jan

jinxxxygirl said...

I'm so glad to hear your are getting looked at... I hope all goes well and they can have you feeling right as rain soon... That breakfast for lunch looks delicious! YUM! Nice decor too! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

DVArtist said...

I'm so glad Joseph insisted on the E.C. I do hope it is not your heart. As you know women present diferently than men when it comes to a heart situation. Please, Please, Please let me know how you are. Email me if you like. Prayers for you my friend. Ohhh and that breakfast looks fabulous. Hugs N.

Elephant's Child said...

I am so very glad that you are seeking medical help. Keep us posted please.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you're headed to get some help. Whether they are related or not only someone trained can say, but I really hope they can help you get better. And this restaurant looks like a place to definitely return to. The food reminds me of my favorite breakfast place, The Farmers kitchen. And it's making me hungry. I hope you get good news at the drs. And happy T day. hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

So sorry to hear of your continued health issues. I am glad Joseph was successful in getting you to to to E.R. You really need to take care of yourself, Elizabeth. Sending hugs!
The cafe you visited is within blocks of where we used to live, and I have eaten there many times, even in the one that was there before it. I can’t remember the name of the former one.
Hope to hear all is well with you soon.

kathyinozarks said...

I am hoping they could help you at urgent care-take care of yourself-hugs.
Your food plates look really delicious, sounds like a good restaurant to go back to.

Christine said...

Glad you are going to emergency care. The food looks good.

Amila said...

I hope everything is well with your visit to urgent care. This restaurant looks like an interesting place. Food looks delicious too.
Have a great day!

Iris Flavia said...

I very, very much hope they found out what´s wrong with your health! It sure sounds scary.
From time to time I have that also and wonder, why eat at all...
Yet... hmmm, this post made me all hungry! (and all I have is boring salad).

Cloudia said...

I am fondly wishing you well dear! A prayer or two as well 🙏🏽

Lisca said...

I’m sorry to hear you are still struggling with your health. Good man Joseph for taking you to see a doctor. I hope you get some answers ( and more importantly: some solutions.
EEG Box breakfast looks delicious.
Get well soon my friend,
Hugs and prayers,
Lisca

nwilliams6 said...

Praying for answers and healing, Elizabeth!!! Your brunch looks fabulous - in fact, I had to go eat an omlet after seeing it but wishes I had your potatoes. Happy T-day sweet lady!!! Hugz

Rita said...

I hope you can get some answers and help from urgent care! Glad your friend talked you into going!
Cute cafe and the food looked really fresh and good. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

I hope you are all fixed up! How awful for you. Pats-on-the-back to your friend.

Sandra Cox said...

My gosh your meal looks good.
I am so sorry you are still having issues with your shoulder, hand, etc. I hope they get to the bottom of it quickly.
Hugs

Empire of the Cat said...

I hope you got on OK at emergency care!
I'm glad the Egg Crate isn't just eggs, glad you enjoyed your lunch. You were asking about Junk Journal July, it's the same person who did Junk Journal January and some of the same people involved that did the Dephemerember challenge I did in December if you remember that one. They are daily IG challenges but all the people involved are youtubers so there will be daily youtube videos also. Look for megjournals on youtube. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Jeanie said...

Thank goodness for Joseph. I hope that they were able to either do diagnostics or even better, come up with an answer today. Please keep us posted, my friend. That sounds just awful. (And the cafe lunch looks great!)

J said...

Hi Elizabeth, just popping in to say Hi, theGSs are still sleeping! Love your post and your food looks delicious, I always want to try corn beef hash as I really love it but I always worried it won’t be the same as we make.
Have a good week, see you after July 5 th
Jan S

Spyder said...

oh what lovely pictures of food! I've just relised how hungry I am! I have some corn beef in a tin in the cupboard, I'd better check the sell by date first! It's been there forever! So glad that I could join in this week, I did try last week ( from Monday to friday) but blogger just would not scroll down to link or comment. Today!! First try, success! although I am waaaaay late!! Next time I take daughter and kiddies out I'll take pictures! Have a great crafty week!
((Lyn))

craftytrog said...

I hope emergency care were able to enlighten you Elizabeth, your symptoms sound very unpleasant and not normal at all.
Hugs,
Alison

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There's enough food on that plate for the whole day!

Carola Bartz said...

I hope that the emergency care staff was able to help you and that you feel a lot better now. Sorry I missed T this week, it's just been a tad busy.