Thursday, June 29, 2023

One of a Kind

 

It's Friday and time to spend my time visiting friends from several blog hops.

I want to begin by sharing this journal page I created for Art Journal Journey where Matilde from Craftowanie is our host, and for Nicole's Friday Face Off.   

I took 37 photos of this lady and not a single one came out clear.  That's why I really, really, really, REALLY need a working scanner! 

The question she is asking is "Has anyone seen my hormones?"

About all you can see is, she has a face!!!

Even my embossing turned out bad, although I turned the page over and tapped the excess powder off before I heated the embossing powder..

Not sure this is any better, really.

I created the page using 110 lb. cardstock to which I added three colors of Staz-on reinkers mixed with 91% isopropyl alcohol.  Next I stamped the sentiment using Versamark.  I then added copper embossing powder and heat set the words.  Finally, I deconstructed a napkin and fussy cut the lady I then added to the page.  I really wish I had a different journal page I could share, but this is the best I could do.  I feel so bad because I have simply not been able to participate at Art Journal Journey like I wanted to this month.  
 
I also want to apologize to those I didn't get to visit last week at Friday Face Off.  I was simply physically unable to visit everyone.  I plan to make up for that this week, though.      
 
Now it's time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time). Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday. 

The one good thing that had me smiling this week was two of the three Rose of Sharon bushes I transplanted last year to hide the ugly fence my neighbor put  up, are blooming.  They are doing great and are quite healthy.

Early morning and I remembered to photograph the herbs before I watered.

I now have a fourth flower on my bee balm plant.

I've propped up the milkweed plant, too.

This is the French tarragon I got at Hillside Feed and Seed.

This is the French tarragon I purchased on Herb Day.  Big difference and Hillside was cheaper, too.

Milkweed after I propped it up.

I got my chainsaw out and cut the lower branches of the tree and I got rid of 


several saplings next to the fence.  Note my wild sunflowers that bloom in September.

That's it for me today.  I hope to see you at Art Journal Journey, Friday Face Off, and Friday Smiles.


 

22 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

I am sure next moth your AJJ pages will be back on track. your garden is looking good. Happy Friday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your garden looks good. Have a fun Friday, take care, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Fingers crossed you get a new scanner - I go with that lady anyways...
Oh, and embossing, right, I could add that too again!
Wow, you have a chainsaw?! Respect!
Hope your side of the fence soon has flowers and plants all over!

Rita said...

Your garden and the roses look really good.
Sorry about your camera/scanner.

Elephant's Child said...

Your garden looks great. Don't do too much please.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

a lady after my own heart, I have a mini chainsaw and it's a god send when you need to cut the big stuff down much easier and quicker too. Your garden is coming along nicely. The Rose of Sharon is gorgeous, beautiful colours. In the Uk they are usually refred to as the Rose Mallow, a form of Hibiscus I believe. Wishing you a very happy weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

I have just scanned loads! of photos to make a scrapbook for one of my sons. They are sharp enough but I had to work on the colours quite a bit. When heat embossing I would suggest investing in an anti-static bag to wipe over the page first. It saves a lot of the unwanted powder marks. Then I use a fine, very dry paintbrush to brush off any excess that remains before I heat it.
You have worked hard in your garden so I am peased you see some good results. I don't know how you manage to handle a chain saw. They are so heavy. I like the bee balm. many herbs have airly insignificant flowers, but those are really pretty. Kate x

Tom said...

...my mother wore a hat like this when I was young!

Annie said...

Chain saw??? now I wasn't expecting that :-) Of course although we have blogged together for years I have no idea at all what you actually look like or how old you are :-) But I do have to say the chain saw has changed my picture that I have in my mind :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

My name is Erika. said...

This page is a nice way to finish off June at AJJ. I like that background and the 1 of a kind stamp too. And you've done some great work around your yard. A lot of work. I need to do a bunch of weeding but I just haven't had time. (Mainly because we've had so much rain in JUne.) It's looking good. And I love seeing the flowers on your rose of sharon. Here they usually they bloom in the fall, so I didn't know there were earlier blooming ones. Cool. I hope you're feeling better and have a super July 4th weekend. But I will "see" you tonight and on the second too. hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

Your page is great and the face was good. I sometimes have fun trying to emboss. Someone above had some good tips. I always forget an out the anti static application before stamping. Usually think of it before. LOO. Great herbs plants, I can’t wait to see what your sunflowers look in bloom! I hope you got some sleep, lady!

Sharon Madson said...

I wish I could edit my comment, but can’t. I usually don’t think about the anti static intil after I do the heat embossing! LOL

Gene Black said...

Your yard is looking great. I have a "pole saw" that is a mini chainsaw, but I need one that is a bit bigger.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Your garden is looking good and the fantastic idea for the Journal page!
Have a good day, hug Elke

Christine said...

Lovely page and nice to see your gardening exploits.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun page. The rose of Sharon are so pretty against the fence and your other plants are looking good, too. Have a good weekend.

DVArtist said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Me too. Your art always provokes thought and wonder. A kinder world would be so nice. I love her face. Your garden is just fabulous. Everything looks green and healthy. Thank you for joining FFO.

Jenn Jilks said...

I must admit to having killed a couple (or more) Rose of Sharons. I am so happy to look at yours!

LA Paylor said...

your garden is thriving
I like your 60's atendant
LeeAnna

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh your lady has to be from the 60's ... she is wearing a Jackie Kennedy pillbox hat. Soooo cool :) Wow, your garden is impressive and I laughed as I pictured you with a Chainsaw ... You could do some serious damage with it :)
Hope you are feeling better. Rest and relaxation if that is possible with fireworks popping off everywhere. I can commiserate over the scanner. Mine distorts every piece of art to the point that I have to redo it digitally ... a lot of work and the originals are always better then what I post :( Be well, Elizabeth and hats off to Bleubeard :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your garden is looking good, nice to see your photographs.

All the best Jan

NatureFootstep said...

Hi. I did see at once it was a flight attendant. I am sorry about the scanner. My printer and scanner are much like that too. So I have more or less given up on using it.
Wiah yoy a great week.