Thursday, May 18, 2023

Fantasy Flowers

 

EDIT: I have NO idea why this didn't publish at the scheduled time.

It's time once again to join Aimeslee, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  She has chosen Flowers as her theme.  Further, because I have multiple media, Bleubeard and I are joining Creative Artiste's 93rd challenge.  I'm also joining Nicole's Friday Face Off.

Bleubeard and I have named this Fantasy Flowers.  We also have a few detail shots to share.

This part was scanned.  That's why it's so much lighter than the actual colors in the photos I took.  I was hoping you could see the dots in the background that are repeated in the sentiment.




I started by gluing a sheet of dotted scrapbook weight paper (which has a green flower border) to a sheet of 110 lb cardstock using a glue stick.  I then glued the top portion of a three ply napkin over the above "sandwich."  The sentiment was created on the excess scrapbook paper using a pink and a white Posca pen.  I then glued the polymer clay face to the deconstructed silk flower using E6000.  When the adhesive was set, I attached the flower to the page using the above adhesive.

Creative Artiste requires a minimum of three media.  Mine were scrapbook paper background, napkin, flower petal, polymer clay face, and two Posca pens.  Of course, I didn't bother counting the cardstock or either adhesives I used.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey, Creative Artiste, and Friday Face Off.


21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful flowers and face. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...many flowers have beautiful faces, some you need to use your imagination and some you don't. Keep enjoying and creating.

DVArtist said...

I so love this. The colors are amazing and all the flowers. However, that face is spectacular. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a great day today.

My name is Erika. said...

You have also created a great flower and face. So did Sirkkis, but both of your pieces are so different. I love the dimension. And that background paper. Fantasy flowers is a great title. I hope you're having a good week. hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

I love the polymer face on the flower. The purple really sets off the yellow flower.

Christine said...

Lovely

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful flowers journal page with face!
Have a haappy weekend, hug Elke

sirkkis said...

Lovely face 🥰
Happy weekend 🏡

pearshapedcrafting said...

Such gorgeous colours Elizabeth and I love. love , love that face on the sunflower! It's great to have something so perfect for all three challenges!
BTW I don't think I have known my right from my left for a few weeks now ;-D It was another rushed post!!!
Hugs, Chrisx

Caty said...

Gorgeous page Elizabeth ! Love this face and the yellow flower. It´s just fantastic to see how you recycle the sentiment.
Have a great weekend, big hugs
Caty

Jeanie said...

That yellow daisy head is so pretty! Love it on the purple.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The lovely face of the daisy is very zen.

Aimeslee Winans said...

That clay flower face looks so relaxed and content in that field of fantasy flowers, Elizabeth! I love the napkin's pattern, too. The colors and texture of it. I do see the dots but can actually see them better in the darker photos, maybe it's just me?? Thanks so much for linking this up at AJJ and hope you are having a good weekend! XXO

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Wow, your face looks like some of Nicole's faces. Very cool and if you save this post, you can link to TAD as next week's prompt is petals :) So I love the napkin. Where did you find it? The whole Fantasy Flower project is awesome and yes, I can even see the dots in the background, though at first I thought they were part of the Napkin. Well done, Elizabeth :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Divers and Sundry said...

I love everything about this one. The composition, the color contrasts, that face... Everything!

Crafting With Jack said...

Thanks for the visit Elizabeth. Fabulous picture, love the face in the flower. Angela #25

nwilliams6 said...

Love the flower face and flowers, Elizabeth. Very cool page for all the challenges. Hugz

Fundy Blue said...

A lovely, colorful piece of art, Elizabeth! Well done!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning page! The clay face looks so beautiful as the flower centre, so serene and happy - love it 😊. Wishing you well! Hugs, Jo x

*Vicki* said...

I love this flower with the face on it so much! What a brilliant design with such a lovely floral pattern for the background as well! Thanks for sharing!

Ina G said...

Bold bright and so colourful. Thanks for sharing at Creative Artiste this month.