Monday, February 27, 2023

Traveling in style

 

I'm still having trouble leaving comments on some blogs.  I keep getting "Failed to Publish." If you don't hear from me right away, that is why!!  It is mainly on blogs with embedded comments and less so on those with pop-up comments.   

I'm once again using Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey.  As you may know by now, she asks that we use the color red as the predominant color in our art.  This will be my final entry at Art Journal Journey this month.  I will be back at AJJ on Wednesday when I welcome a new host.  

But first, I want to thank Erika for all the wonderful journal pages she shared and of course, all the incredible comments she left each and every person in a timely manner (this is me hanging my head in shame for taking so long to visit a few AJJ participants).  She is a hostess with the mostest.

I call this Traveling in style.  

 
I have a few detail shots I will share as we travel the world.







I used an old gift card to swipe the red craft acrylic and gold fluid acrylic paint to create the background on 110 lb. cardstock.  When dry, I culled through several of my travel brochures and found ones that were predominately red.  I added the sentiment using my pink Posca pen on black cardstock.

Thank you for your visit today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you chose to visit.  It means more than you know.  We will also be hanging out at Art Journal Journey and will be checking out your take on the color Red chosen by our host Erika.


11 thoughtful remarks:

Rita said...

A rather exotic page. :)

My name is Erika. said...

TRaveling the world sounds like a good plan. Especially if we could see such interesting sights as you put on your page. You found some great red photos. It's a super way to end the month. It's hard to believe it is already the end of February though, isn't it? Well at least it is for me. Time flies. Thank you again for all your wonderful entries. I really appreciated your pieces. And I will also see you tonight for T. I just wrote my post and scheduled it. Have a great day. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, Elizabeth, I would like to do some travelling when I get fitter. Could you please link me this evening for Tsft? Have a great day.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely trip from the comfort of my chair.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Beautiful!

I use imbedded comments because I like the direct reply feature. But now I worry it's a reader headache.

Jenn Jilks said...

I am a horrid traveller! Good for you, though.

Divers and Sundry said...

Another fan :) Wonderful!

kathyinozarks said...

Great page!

Jeanie said...

Definitely a wonderful entry to the category/theme. That's been a good one for you!+

Birgit said...

This is vibrant and poetic. It makes want to travel

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful final page for Erika's AJJ theme! You found some lovely images. I am also having problems commenting on some blogs including yours, although I don't understand how sometimes it allows and sometimes doesn't?!? Hugs, Chrisx