Sunday, February 26, 2023

Monday Murals: A Heather Byers mural

 

I'm having trouble leaving comments.  I keep getting "Failed to Publish." If you don't hear from me right away, that is why!! 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.  

Heather Byers sent me a photo of a mural she created this autumn.  You may remember I met Heather this summer when she was working on the final Avenue Arts Day mural.  This mural is located in Haven, Kansas (USA).  She told me it took her a couple of months to complete because she had surgery while she was creating it.  

  Thank you for thinking of me Heather. 

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today, too.

 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I only see a pic of Heather! Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I like that you've met the artist and that she sent you this. It's a win-win isn't it? And I like this mural too. It says Kansas to me. Of course since I've never been to Kansas I might be wrong about that, but it is a beautiful piece. I enjoyed this post. I hope your computer commenting issue gets fixed ASAP. I noticed you got through to me so maybe it has been-hopefully! hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Tractors and endless fields are part of my Kansas mental image. I do not like driving across Kansas and usually opt to use a more northern route. but I’m impressed that the artist made it so pretty. Not how I remember the landscape.. So flat!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

I love this mural, and nice to have met the painter too.

ps your comment went through. Mine always need approved first do to spam comments-they come in spurts and can be allot of them so that is why I have it set to approve first.
some times it is hard to tell if a comment went through or not. I get that allot now when commenting

Christine said...

Lovely mural!

Tom said...

...I'm glad that you got to met Heather, I know a number of mural artists.

Valerie-Jael said...

The mural is fantastic, Elizabeth, just how I imagine Kansas, Heather is really good!

Rita said...

Nice to see the artist, too. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

It's flat where I live, but those endless fields stretching out to the horizon! That's flat land.

Sandra Cox said...

Great job, Heather!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, dear Elizabeth.

kwarkito said...

a beautiful mural. I like this naive style

Amila said...

This is a great mural that appreciates farmers who feed the world. It is great to see a photo of the mural artist, Heather Byers as well.
Thanks for the share. Have a great week!

Iris Flavia said...

Yippeee! The mural is there! Yesterday blogger refused to show it!
It´s beautiful.
I´m always irritated when I see tractors roaming the main roads of Braunschweig, but it certainly shows where our food comes from.

ashok said...

Beautiful mural

magiceye said...

Wonderful mural and great that you connected with the artist.

Sami said...

Lovely rural mural and how wonderful that the artist connected with you.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.
I received your comment, thank you :)

RedPat said...

How nice of her to send you this shot. It is a fine mural.

Jeanie said...

This is another lovely mural, Elizabeth. You have great murals in your city!

dee Nambiar said...

That's a lovely portrait of the heartland.
It is so nice to have the artist share this with you. Thank YOU for sharing this with us.

I hope you are having a good week. :)