Monday, February 27, 2023

T Stands For St. Patrick's Day

 

At the risk of repeating myself, I'm still having trouble leaving comments on some blogs.  I keep getting "Failed to Publish." If you don't hear from me right away, that is why!!  It is mainly on blogs with embedded comments and less so on those with pop-up comments. 

I'm having a bit of early St. Patrick's Day tea.  I received this from my friend Julia of WOYWW fame.  It is from Kew Gardens (in London, England), where I often visit Helen (H) who goes to Kew nearly every Saturday.  The package contained two tea bags and this is the second one.
 
The tea is almost ready.  While I sip my tea, I want to let everyone know I said we would decide today (and Tuesday) about our choices for the exchange for week 520, our 10th year anniversary.  Today is week 501. I have just received a couple of e-mail addresses and will be contacting these people to see if they would like to join us for the anniversary.  Remember the choices are:

ATC only (in country or international)
ATC and 1 postcard (in country or international)
ATC and 2 tea bags (in country or international)
1 postcard and 2 teabags, no ATC (in country or international)
 
I will pair you with a partner, but you will be responsible for exchanging snail mail addresses.
 
ALL anniversary exchanges MUST BE RECEIVED by your partner by July 3.  DO NOT be late, please.
 
You have no excuse, since you have over three months to prepare for this event.
 
Do not show your exchanges until the day of the party.  
 
Right now, I don't have time to figure out if it is July10/11 or July 17/18, but hopefully I will have more time next week and you will know the exact date of the anniversary swap. 

If you know someone who enjoys tea, coffee, etc. and makes ATCs, please let them know in time to receive a partner.  That way, we can have a large turnout for the 10th anniversary.
 
Although you probably already know the drill, please share a drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.  
 



A final reminder to be digging up your Second look on the 2nd.  The only requirement is it must have been published sometime in the past.

25 thoughtful remarks:

Christine said...

Nice tea! St Patrick's Day is on the way right!

Sharon Madson said...

Hello! I made it! LOL. That spiced apple is really red. I wonder if it tastes spicy? I am really a fan of black teas, although I like some herbals like peppermint, and lemon. I am planning to exchange ATCs only for the anniversary. I will send either here or international. Happy Tea day.

Carola Bartz said...

I hope you were able to enjoy the tea! Years ago, I joined Julia's WOYWW, it was a lot of fun. Since I wasn't here the last three or four Tuesdays, I better let you know that I'd like to join the ATC and postcard exchange, and I'm open for both in the US or international (whereever you need a partner!). It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun - thank you for doing all the prep for it. Happy T Day, Elizabeth (and Bleubeard, of course!)

kathyinozarks said...

That apple tea sounds delicious-something I would like.
I would like to join in for the 10 anniversary this year. I choose postcard with 2 tea bags international if no partner same for domestic
Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Spiced apple tea sounds perfect for the cold, snowy weather heading our way. I like your Union Flag teabag holder, too. I would like to participate in the 10th anniversary. I'd like to swap postcards and teabags, either domestic or international. Happy T Day

kathyinozarks said...

ps could you let Sharon know I can not visit her blog-Blogger has a danger all in red saying not safe to visit-and I can't if I wanted to disregard the message. that happened to me awhile back at Divers-and she was able to fix it don't know what she had to do just so you know why I can't visit Sharon

Kate Yetter said...

Your tea sounds delicious! I love spiced apple. How fun that it came all the way from England.
And I like your tea bag holder.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

That is such a fun little tea bag holder. And your tea flavor sounds wonderful. I like how the tea is from Britain and your teabag holder has that great British flag on it. It looks so appropriate on your shamrock placemat. I would like to switch a postcard and 2 teabags, either domestic or international. Have a lovely T day. hugs-Erika

Amila said...

This tea sounds great with spiced apple flavour. I hope you enjoyed every sip of it.
I also like to join this anniversary event. My choice is : 1 postcard and 2 teabags, no ATC (international)
Happy T day!

Iris Flavia said...

Love your tea bag holder! Mines have ... surprise (not) Koalas and Kookaburras).
Haha, no excuse but the mailman! I wait for a poster and a book since moths. Reckon they got lost. The book was ... Jamie Oliver.
I really try to buy things local and bring them home WITH ME.
And yes, embedded are hard to comment. And I doubt blogger will do anything about it. Sad.

Cloudia said...

Best wishes to all participants

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy T Day, dear Elizabeth! I'm sorry there are now 2 entries for me, it wsn't me, I was asleep! Enjoy your St Patrick's Day tea, love the little Union Flag dish. Hugs, Valerie
And I will not join in the swap, I'm trying to keep things to an absolute minimum just now.

Lisca said...

I’m sorry you are still having trouble commenting. I also realize I am one of those blogs that are giving you problems. Sadly I have no idea what I can do about it.
Apple tea sounds lovely and refreshing. I hope it tasted as good as it looks. And your teabag saucer is very cute. I have one too but not with the Union Jack on it. Mine has the herb borage on it.
As for the anniversary exchange, I’d like to join with an ATC and a postcard.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

nwilliams6 said...

Hello friend! I have missed you.

I love your fun tea and tea bag holder. Very fun and looks yummy.

I definitely want to do the ATC swap with tea! I also want to swap ATCs with you too since we have been saying we were going to do it for a few years now. I know you do some extra swapping in these swaps so hoping we can do that. I gave Sharon my email address to pass on to you so hope you have it.

I have been doing a lot of ATCs lately and have started a pocket letter - have all the ATCs done for it. I just discovered what they are and I can't wait to finish one with lots of tea and goodies in it.

Hugz!!!

kathyinozarks said...

Bummer didn't work that either-sigh it went her page first and then clicked over to that red page-danger blog blocked.

Birgit said...

This looks like a nice cup of tea. I hope it was delicious

Divers and Sundry said...

The tea sounds tasty.

Sign me up for postcards and teabags domestic or international.

re-Kathy's difficulty with her security program -Norton, iirc- I just clicked on the link to report the problem and put in a request for them to reconsider their ruling about my blog. They fixed it that same day.

Mae Travels said...

Everyone seems to be having a good week. Yesterday I posted a link with lots of coffee dedicated to T for Tues. And today in my Feb. wrap-up I called out a few more drinks for you as well, especially Mexican coke. Traveling offers lots of drinkng opportunities! Have a great day, hello to everyone if I don’t get to visit them, and thank you for being the host.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

I don't know if my comment went through. I love the tea setting. We got another 2 inches of snow and it will snow all week. Boo Hoo.

jinxxxygirl said...

LOve your tea and teacup! i 'm willing to match up for the swap with anyone in country.... no international.. I hope that helps to match me up with someone. I sure do appreciate all your effort in arranging our 10th! Anniversary! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

jinxxxygirl said...

Oh wow! I couldn't get to Sharon's blog either... got the red danger sign.. I used to get that for Divers blog but i see she was able to get that fixed! deb

Rostrose said...

Spiced apple tea sounds very good, dear Elizabeth!
I hope your comment problems will be over soon - I can well imagine how annoying that is!
All the best and have a nice T-Day!
❤️ Traude❤️
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/02/costa-rica-7-kapitel-tortuguero.html

Jeanie said...

Let March begin! Your tea looks great!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Spiced apple sounds good! I opt for ATC and postcard - anywhere - ie international or in country. Happy T Day,

Mia said...

I thought I had left my choice, but as it seems I forgot!!!
My choices:
ATC only (international)
ATC and 1 postcard (international)
ATC and 2 tea bags (international)
1 postcard and 2 teabags, no ATC (international).
ALL!!! Yes, I choose ALL!!!
Looking forward for my pair!!!
Kisses!!!