Sunday, January 29, 2023

Monday Murals: the Eyeball Garden

 

It's once again time to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m.  

Behind The Anchor is a new mural.  The previous one I featured is on the side of the building.

The artist is Lindsay Kernodle.  The mural is located in the alley at 1115 East Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  It was created in October, 2021. 

If you enjoy murals, especially those from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


 

26 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is a delightful mural. Thank you.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun mural! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I studied this for a while and have no clue, or do I?
The one in the middle looking up looks happy, or rather expecting.
The one to her left full of hope.
The others look plain bored, disappointed and the "wee ones" check it all out in curiosity.

A great mural!
I think it reflects our society well.
Thank you!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Mural do so much to enhance the urban landscape, yet it seems to me that we have not embraced them in North America as is the practice in Europe. I hope we see more of them, tastefully done, and perhaps that will discourage some of the mindless and distinctly unappealing graffiti.

Mae Travels said...

That’s a really cute idea — flowers with eyeballs! Another great mural from your town.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

I love this one. It is so colourful!

Christine said...

Beautiful

My name is Erika. said...

I like this mural. The eyeballs work perfectly within the flowers. I was amazed how many murals I spotted in Florida. Did I photograph any? No. Being in the car made it difficult. And you mentioned the Pink Palace in your comment on my page. We looked to visit there, but it seemed like there was too much to see for the time we had, so we skipped it. I'll put it on my list if I ever get back there. I hope you show your photos though as I was curious about it. And yes, I loved the Dali museum in St. Pete. It was very different from the museum outside of Barcelona. That one was built by Dali himself, and he is buried there. But I loved seeing Dali's paintings in Florida. He was very clever and talented too. Hope your weekend is going well. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Ohhh, I absolutely love the mural. Bright and colorful and they eyes just make it perfect. Have a nice day today.

Barbara said...

I love the eyeball garden. It’s a delight! I can never believe how many murals you find!

kwarkito said...

I like these warm colours and this very 70's psychedelic inspiration

Tom said...

...on this winter, it's nice to see flowers and flowers with eyes! Nice find, Elizabeth.

Bertiebo said...

A very hsppy mural
Love it

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the I-Spy flowers- very eye catching (Sorry, couldn't resist;-》) Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely mural this is :)

All the best Jan

Fundy Blue said...

Love this mural, Elizabeth. I haven't been in Wichita in forever. I really enjoyed the times I experienced in Wichita and Kansas. Hove a great week!

Sami said...

Very eye-catching colourful mural. It's lovely Elizabeth. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

s.c said...

What a good idea for a mural. I love it.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Very cheerful, made me smile on a cold grey January Monday morning.

Birgit said...

Wild, beautiful and bright colours....love it

Divers and Sundry said...

Bright and colorful. A day brightener :)

Cloudia said...

Wow!

Jeanie said...

I really love this -- it's loads of fun!

Christina said...

A fun and colorful mural! I reminds me of the plants in Harry Potter! All the best!

dee Nambiar said...

Simple! But eye-catching 😁

Have a lovely week, Elizabeth. :)

Linda said...

Well, that’s a bit strange! At least the flowers are unique!