Sunday, December 4, 2022

Monday Murals: U.S. 54

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Bleubeard and I took a month off because we hosted Art Journal Journey and I created art there every day last month.  Now I'm ready to do a few fun things that are not related to art journals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.     

This was taken on U.S. 54 Highway in Kansas, somewhere between Fort Scott and El Dorado.  I have checked every town located on U.S. 54 and none of the towns have a high school or college that have bulldogs for their mascot.  I sincerely don't remember where we took these photos.
 

Even though it is a U.S. highway, most of the road is two lane and runs through many small towns that all look basically the same.  There was no artist that I could find unless you count the poop, or maybe Bronson pilot!

Sami found the address of the building, which is in Bronson, Kansas on U.S. 54 Hwy.  Thanks to her diligence, I went to the school districts and learned there used to be two distinct school districts.  Before consolidation, the Bronson high school mascot was Bulldogs.  After consolidation, they are now known as the Eagles.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World
 


24 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Wow. This is fun.

Rita said...

Quite bizarre! I thought it looked like a worm on a toilet and an angry bulldog. Makes no sense to me--lol!

Iris Flavia said...

Speaking of pooping... I have it on today, too!
What a crazy, fun mural!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Not quite my idea of a mural, but tastes are different! Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Weird 😺

Jenn Jilks said...

That is quite the mystery! I have photos like that. Don't know where!

Christine said...

Good one

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Sunday-very cool mural

My name is Erika. said...

Perhaps the bulldog was something the owner wanted to have painted on their building. I believe it is up the building owners if they want something specific painted. The bulldog came out great. I'm not sure about the worm on the toilet, but since both of these animals fertilize lawns, which in the mural is both green and full of flowers, perhaps this has something to do with this mural. But what would I know. I am only guessing. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

such a strange piece lol

I wish GPS would recognize the difference between "highway" and "interstate highway". If I try to avoid the interstate by putting in "avoid highways" it sends me down tertiary gravel roads. It's led me on quite a few strange rides...

Tom said...

...this mural is a study in extremes. A fierce bulldog and a worm and th the Bronson Pilots. I'm a bit confused.

kwarkito said...

Strange, we both have a number on our photo. I really like the design of this mural. Have a nice week

Bertiebo said...

I like it, but what's a Bronson Pilote

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Sami said...

I found it Elizabeth :)
It's on Route 54, a garden centre at 511 Pine St, Bronson, KS 66716.
"Super poop" is their flagship product made with worm castings.

It's certainly a quirky mural Elizabeth, although I also can't find the why for the bulldog or what is the Bronson pilot...but that's art, lol.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Rob Siemann said...

Fun mural

s.c said...

The bulldog and the worm are for sure in the mind of somebody who had to do with the mural but after reading Sami we know enough. Still a nice one.

Jackie McGuinness said...

So glad I saw Sami's comment, otherwise I was going to research this. It is a little strange when taken out of context.

ashok said...

Strangely funny mural !

Jeanie said...

There's definite humor here -- and the art is very nice indeed!

magiceye said...

Looks cool!

Linda said...

Interesting detective work!

dee Nambiar said...

haha! That's a fun mural.
It's nice to see a lot of murals on school campuses. And a lot of the time, they happen to be that of mascots.

Great teamwork gathering information about this one! :) <3

Lowcarb team member said...

It's different and colourful.

All the best Jan